GameChange Solar (GCS), one of the largest global suppliers of solar racking and tracker systems, is seeking an experienced mechanical engineer to join its engineering team. We are looking for creative, intelligent, and driven professionals who want to make a positive impact on the planet. As an Actuator Engineering Specialist you will play a vital role in overseeing the design and improvement of a critical system component. This will facilitate the installation of quality solar power plants in both domestic and international markets.
Typical duties may include:
· Perform mechanical analysis on actuators currently being used to power Solar Trackers sold by the company and recommend improvements / updates to current design.
· Create computer models for manufacturing drawings, tolerance stack-up analysis, FEM analysis, etc.
· Analyze of failed components in the field for root cause and recommend corrective action.
· Creation and review of QA/QC protocols and data to ensure company suppliers are providing quality components for installation.
· Ensure products are in compliance with Federal, State, and Local regulations as well as industry standards and product certifications.
· Maintain intimate familiarity with best design practices and new products used in industry through continuous review of manuals, improved design techniques, etc. Make recommendations for updates to company management accordingly.
· Interface with company staff, clients, and permitting officials as required
· Provide field service support to clients’ installers.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent from a four-year college
· Minimum 10 years of product design and/or development experience preferred
· Experience with designing screw jacks, linear actuators or similar equipment strongly preferred.
· Familiar with standard Quality Control processes and procedures
· Ability to read and interpret drawings, schematics, and specifications
· Proficiency in AutoCAD, Solidworks or similar drafting software preferred
· Ability to perform work independently and reliably according to work schedules and assignments
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Must be self-directed and resourceful, detail oriented and able to manage multiple priorities, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
· Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent from a four-year college or equivalent industry experience.
· Minimum 10 years of experience in related field preferred
Submit COVER LETTER with Resume
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Product design or Development: 10 years (Preferred)
- Designing Linear Actuators: 10 years (Preferred)
- A brief description of what we make