The position will be working on designing harnesses that connect to various battery packs/cells. Some of these harnesses will be of high voltage and some will be of low voltage. Currently one of the programs they are supporting is a Marine project where there are 20+ battery packs in this boat and the harnesses are how they communicate with each other. Once the harnesses are designed, they are sent to a supplier to be built. This person will work to make sure that the harnesses are able to be built the correct way. Will be designing high voltage harnesses (7 square millimeters) or 20 gauge twisted pair (low voltage harnesses).
75% - Designing Wire Harnesses & Schematics on CAD
25% - Working with Engineers to approve drawings and running conceptual designs by the engineers
Nice to Have:
- 3 years of experience Designing Wire Harnesses in UGNX, Catia, or Solidworks (ideally as they use Solidworks)
- Experience with the following as it relates to wire harnesses: routing, crimping, anchoring, and protecting
- Experience knowing how harnesses are built, or working with suppliers to build harnesses
- Previous schematic design experience
- Experience in high voltage wire harness design
- Previous experience working with offshore design team to help get work done
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.