The following position is open:
RF Engineer II
- Get amped about microwave technologies (and you wish you had a nickel for every time you clarified your work with “no, not that type of microwave”).
- Would prefer to start your day waxing poetic about the minutiae of waveguide and antenna technologies.
- Wouldn’t mind ending your day with that warm, fuzzy feeling that comes along with successfully designing said technologies.
At CMi, we…
- Design, fabricate, and test topnotch antenna solutions for satellite applications.
- LOVE to help our customers put stuff in space (and have a blast doing it).
- Genuinely enjoy explaining what type of microwave we’re working with to anyone who will listen.
Together, we are a group of space nerds…
- Working together to provide our world-class customers with innovative and practical RF solutions for the impressive demands of the New Space Economy.
- Pushing the envelope on innovative passive microwave equipment.
- Watching our designs come to life on our award-winning manufacturing floor (conveniently located within walking distance of your desk).
Are you ready to launch into an impactful and interesting role? We’re excited to work with you.
What You’ll Do (Essential Job Functions):
What You Bring (Desired Experience):
- Work with branches of the Engineering Department and Program Management to support innovative designs for existing and emerging antenna feed markets.
- Prepare technical proposals.
- Ensure feasibility of customer specifications and translate to high-quality designs.
- Prepare test and design documentation.
- Work cohesively with Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering to review models and drawing to ensure dimensional accuracy requirements.
- Provide project support as needed: design reviews, presentations, data reviews, peer reviews and production support.
- Communicate Test Requirements to Test Engineer.
- Support RF Test Group with review of test procedure, test plan, test data analysis, and test reports.
- Assist and contribute to the definition of standard processes and procedures for RF engineering tasks.
- Participate in process/continuous improvement activities.
- Plan, work, and communicate milestones and deliverables.
- Generate Design Reports and Design Review Packages.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Experience (Minimum Qualifications):
- Knowledge of RF measurement equipment and techniques.
- Experience testing passive components using network analyzers, farfield, and nearfield ranges.
- Working knowledge of Mode Matching Software, Finite Element Modeling Systems, Microwave Wizard, CST, GRASP, and other 3D EM RF CAD tools.
- Specialized in microwave communications or EM theory.
- BS in Electrical, Aerospace, or related engineering and 3 years of RF Design experience
o Relevant work experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
CMi is proud to offer:
- Must provide proof of US Citizenship or Green Card.
- Competitive wages and friendly working conditions.
- Generous PTO policy with immediate accrual eligibility.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision options
- Flexible work schedule
- Opportunities to work remotely
- Company paid short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance benefits.
- Annual bonus opportunities
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) opportunities
Custom Microwave, Inc.’s manufacturing facility is more than 56,000 square feet. Workers may be exposed to loud noises, chemicals, and other occupational hazards; personal protective equipment may be provided by The Company and at request.
Custom Microwave Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Diversity drives innovation.