[Entry Level Positions - Macau]
Are you looking for more than just a job? Have you considered a career as a Test Engineer? Software testing is crucial to our ever evolving technological world. Here at GLI Asia Limited we are seeking a Graduate Software Engineer for a testing position.
GLI Asia tests and evaluates gaming equipment such as gaming machines, automated roulette tables, jackpot systems, lottery and wagering systems and online monitoring systems.The successful applicants will be taught how to evaluate products for both local and global gaming jurisdictions.
This position is located in our Macau office.
GLI Asia is part of the world's leading gaming software testing organisation with offices in New Jersey, Colorado, Las Vegas, The Netherlands, Italy, South Africa, Macau, Sydney, Adelaide and Melbourne. GLI evaluates products for the gaming industry for manufacturers and gaming jurisdictions across the globe. GLI has an international and dynamic team of enthusiastic professionals waiting for you to join them.
As a trained GLI Asia Test Engineer, you will be expected to:
- Understand 3rd party software and various technical requirements to ensure compliance;
- Setup, configure and execute test and analysis of software and hardware of gaming machines and systems submitted by GLI Asia's customers;
- Assess whether the software and hardware tested meets national and international acceptance criteria for technical and regulatory standards;
- Review code implementation and perform tests to check the functionality;
- Document and communicate test results to internal and external clients;
- Utilise various internal tools used for project tracking and management;
- Adhere to strict quality requirements;
- Maintain contacts with customers across Asia, Australia and with GLI Asia's parent company in the USA.
To succeed in this role you will have strong technical skills in a number of the following core competency areas:
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or 2+ years of equivalent experience in software testing;
- High level of proficiency in programming languages, such as C/C++;
- Solid understanding of test methodologies;
- Knowledge of communication protocols such as TCP/IP;
- Thorough understanding of computer system architecture and/or database design;
- Interest in both hardware and software aspects of automated systems;
- Use of debug tools;
- Good analytical and reasoning skills;
- Exposure to project tracking tools;
- Good knowledge of the English language (verbal and written);
- Be able to demonstrate a high degree of attention to quality, details, correctness and deadlines;
- Gaming knowledge and Gaming protocol would be an advantage;
- Must be Macau ID holder.
Working for GLI Asia requires accuracy, professionalism, a pro-active nature and you need to be a team player. We offer a dynamic and friendly working environment, good salary, opportunities for growth and international travel.
Testing of gaming equipment requires one to be adept with diverse skills in electronics, programming languages, operating systems, emulators, compilers, etc. This position is well suited for a recent graduate; however, suitably experienced candidates are also encouraged to apply. Please note this is not a development role.
Our employees may be required to obtain a gaming license within one or all of the gaming jurisdictions. If you are requested by GLI to obtain a gaming license, your continued employment may be contingent on your ability to obtain that gaming license.
More information can be found on our web-site:
Please apply online via our website www.gaminglabs.com and select the relevant position.
Please ensure you tick the box to say you are outside of the US and include a cover letter [this is a mandatory requirement] addressing the above core competency areas for consideration.