Looking for an opportunity to join a great company whose core purpose is to power the visionaries of this world by delivering them cutting edge infrastructure technology solutions that are tailored to their needs, quickly, reliably and cost efficiently.
As a cutting-edge Montreal-based technology company, Hypertec is a global provider of information technology products and services. Its strategic divisions serve more than 3,000 customers in over 70 countries. Its solutions are employed by organizations from small to large in sectors including cloud providers, media and entertainment, financial services, aerospace, engineering, healthcare, government and education.
To keep up with our rapid growth, we are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our growing team, all while being a leading example of our company culture.
- Responsible for the design and release of engineering drawings as well as documentation for but not limited to IT based products.
- Researches, plans, designs and develops mechanical products and systems such as server chassis, instruments, plastic parts while taking into consideration thermals, tooling costs and ease of assembly. Applies research to the planning, design, development at all stages during the development process.
- Evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, air flow, heat transfer, and materials.
- Develops mechanical and electromechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; soliciting observations from operators.
- Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods; testing properties.
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information on prototypes as well as production product to sub-contractors and company individuals.
- Validates designs using simulation tools and prototyping.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops.
- Performs other related duties and assignments, as required.
What You will bring
- At least 5 years experience designing products using Solidworks and/or Pro Engineer
- Familiar with system engineering concepts, standards, processes and methodologies
- Excellent comprehension of current Server, Storage and Networking Technologies
- Personable with excellent communication and writing skills
- Advanced knowledge of Solidworks, Pro Engineer
- Experience with Sheet metal and plastic moulding
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project
What we offer
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment
- Competitive compensation package
- On-site cafeteria
- Free access to our 24/7, fully equipped gym + trainer
- BBQ, theme days and other employee engagement events
- Career advancement opportunities
Are you up for the challenge? Apply Now
Hypertec is an equal opportunity employer.
Hypertec evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Job Type: Full-time
- designing products using Solidworks and/or Pro Engineer: 5 years (Preferred)