A Penske Senior Programmer Analyst will develop and maintain computer applications for end user groups. Analyze performance of applications, and troubleshoot problems. Involved in the coding, testing and documentation of the proposed solution.
- Responsible for the creation, modification, and testing of code
- Involved in the review of code from junior level and offshore programmers
- Involved in ongoing systems monitoring and general support of assigned applications
- Involved in analyzing system/software performance
- Responsible for analyzing and identifying system performance issues, recoding bugs, testing fixes and implementing the solution identified- Analyze software solutions based on customer requirements and suggest the best solution
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 5-7 years of functional experience including development and implementation of functional and technical specifications for applications required
- 1-2 years of project management (including mid-to-large scale projects) required
- At least 3-5 years of experience and full fluency in the following platforms/languages:
- JAVA/J2EE preferably using a web application server like Websphere or JBoss
- SQL - Experience in writing optimized complex SQL statements.
- Spring Framework and Design Patterns, iBatis
- AJAX, XML, Web Services/SOA
- Pluses: Agile/Kanban; Responsive design and adaptive development; REST API development; JIRA, Confluence, BAMBOO, ANT; jQuery; iSeries DB2
- Bachelor's degree required
- Masters degree preferred
- Specific language certifications preferred
- Working knowledge of systems development standards and procedures required
- Demonstrated experience in testing and debugging techniques required
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and Powerpoint required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be
able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a
premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.