The Business Intelligence Developer (BID) serves as the reporting expert for the applications they support, which could include both Epic and legacy applications. The BID is responsible for working with stakeholders at all levels across PRMC to understand analytics needs and translate those needs into analytics solutions. This requires BIDs to work collaboratively with other members of the application support team to understand workflows, identify the right data elements, and select the best reporting tool to utilize to meet customer needs. BIDs are responsible for the development of design specifications and the build of reporting utilizing a variety of business intelligence tools. BIDs are analysts, intrigued and driven by the challenge of creating information from data. Skilled at organizing the presentation of quantitative information so as to facilitate understanding, illuminate decision making, and to "tell a story." In fulfilling these duties, BIDs support PRMC's efforts to foster a culture of continuous improvement that is data driven, based on evidence based practice and aligned with strategic goals and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor's degree required in Business Administration, Information Sciences, Mathematics, or Statistics.
- This position requires attainment/maintenance of Epic certification/proficiency.
- 1+ years of experience in business intelligence/ analytics preferred, particularly in a healthcare setting.
- Foundational understanding of relational data models.
- Prior experience with business intelligence tools. Examples include, but are not limited to: Reporting Workbench, Radar Dashboards, Registries, Crystal Reports, WEBi, SQL, cubes, McKesson's Business Insight, Tibco Spotfire/Explorer.
Peninsula Regional Medical Center · Business Intelligence
Full Time, Monday - Friday, 40