Lockheed Martin is seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) for a position integrating supplier quality across all business areas. This highly qualified individual should be experienced in mentoring suppliers as they develop and validate their Quality Systems and production capabilities, as well as provide oversite for all production efforts. The position will require working flexible hours and travel out of the assigned geographical area to support suppliers across the KSA. Duties may include:
- Performance of Quality System audits at suppliers & sub-tiers, Special Process Audits & manufacturing process certifications, Source Inspections, First Article Inspections, and Product-Line Validations as outlined by SAE/AS9102, Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Mission Assurance Provisions (MAP), and applicable Lockheed Martin Company and Industry standards.
- Provide internal LM and Supplier support to structured root cause analysis and evaluation of corrective/preventive actions effectiveness tied to Supplier Corrective Action Requests.
- Support Supplier requests tied to executing program-unique requirements, interface with customer needs and program management directed activities and provide liaison support to procurement, fabrication, test, acceptance and delivery processes.
- Participate (as required) in supplier's failure/diagnosis process and Material Review Board (MRB) activities.
- Perform on-going tactical surveillance of the supplier's conformance to Lockheed Martin requirement engineering and purchase order documents and provide weekly activity reports highlighting key accomplishments, Risk areas, Opportunities for improvement and product acceptance status.
- Provide technical liaison support related to quality engineering and compliance elements including configuration management, systems & software quality, component assessment, sub-tier supplier requirements verification, product inspection methods and techniques, tooling & test equipment validation, non-conforming material management and Quality Assurance metrics.
This position will be based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and will offer an expatriate package.
Technical Engineering Degree or equivalent experience in Supplier Quality
Must have ability to obtain a security clearance
Must be able to obtain a KSA visa
Must possess a strong understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and comprehension of Statistical Process Control (SPC) methodology
Strong understanding of engineering drawing & specification requirements and verification processes. Proficient with ANSI/ASME Y14.5 terminology, requirements and compliance.
Must be able to identify and efficiently document any quality system deficiencies, provide coaching and guidance to resolve, and ensure effective corrective and preventive actions are implemented in a timely manner.
Capable of performing structured root cause analysis, identifying solutions to complex electrical or mechanical production problems and proactively collaborating with suppliers to mitigate production risks.
Demonstrate a robust understanding of special processes, ability to certify/approve a supplier to perform specified processes. Special processes may consist of Printed Wiring Board layup and fabrication, plating, solderability, cable/harness fabrication & test, metallurgy or other unique items.
Must have knowledge and understanding of critical design attributes, Product & Process Key Characteristics and Quality System auditing/surveying.
Must possess strong organizational skills, initiative and the ability to work in a dynamic environment.
Demonstrate strong communication skills (both oral and written) will be necessary to support the assignment and weekly reports.
Must be able to effectively communicate and interface with Suppliers, Quality Program Management, Engineering, Supplier Quality Management, Sub-contracts (Buyers) and Government Representatives.
Experience working with the MDA customer and MDA MAP requirements
Experience working in KSA or similar Middle-Eastern environments
Experience working with and mentoring suppliers as they develop and validate production capabilities and implement robust Quality Systems
ASQ certification (CQE, CQA, CQIA) and/or Lean Six Sigma Certification (Green Belt/Black Belt)
Experience with Aerospace Electrical Design, Electrical Components, Printed Wiring Boards, Printed Wiring Assemblies, Wiring Harness, Connectors
Experience with J-STD-001, IPC-610, IPC-620
Experience with Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA)
A basic understanding of the SAP and P2P business systems
Experience working with suppliers in a dynamic environment
Experience with performing First Article Inspections to AS9102 requirements
Experience with performing detailed product Source Inspection and manufacturing Surveillance activities at suppliers
Strong understanding of AS9100 and ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
Basic to Advanced fluency in Arabic Language
Demonstrated Leadership, Customer Relationship Management skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.