Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
The Quality Engineer, reporting directly to the Manager, Quality Assurance will be responsible for the Quality System performance and internal production support for the Unmanned Systems business segment in Blackstone, VA. Blackstone operations include maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO), flight operations, new asset check out, training and a warehouse and distribution center for forward and reverse supply chain. The QE primarily works with internal company contacts but may have customer contacts on routine matters.
- This position devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Designs and analyzes inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment.
- Audits quality systems to determine adequacy and effectiveness of the QMS.
- Ensures compliance to process and procedure, identifies gaps, works with operations to implement corrective action.
- Ensures that quality control procedures adequately evaluate the organization's products. Determines if current methods and techniques result in meeting reliability standards or require modification.
- Responsible for programs to establish and maintain quality standards of existing products and services, as well as developing programs to focus employees on quality improvement.
- Develops policies, procedures and methods to check product, material, components and/or operational quality and improve same.
- Provides oversight and inputs to the transition from design to production, including necessary testing and creation of inspection plans required for implementing design changes.
- Fluent knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and applications
- Effective written and oral communication skills, good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze specifications, drawings, procedures and schematics.
- Ability to apply logical, scientific or analytical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Effective ability to organize and prioritize assigned tasks.
- Ability to work both in a team environment and independently
- An inquiring mind and passion for learning
- Knowledge of Quality Engineering and manufacturing processes
- Technical knowledge of inspection and test techniques
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems and concepts
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, degrees in an Engineering discipline strongly preferred.
- Minimum two years of technically related experience required.
- Aerospace and/or military experience is strongly preferred.
- ASQ Quality Auditor and Quality Engineer certificates preferred.
- Experience in AS9100 preferred.
How We Care
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
- Career Development & Training Opportunities
- Wellness Program (including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(K) with Company Funding
Are you a Military Veteran?
Textron's products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country. We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $1.00 - $2.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Referral Program
- Relocation Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Quality Engineer: 2 years (Preferred)
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19