The Flowr Corporation is a Toronto-headquartered cannabis company with operations in Canada, Europe, and Australia. Our Canadian operating campus, located in Kelowna, BC, includes a purpose-built, GMP-designed indoor cultivation facility; an outdoor and greenhouse cultivation site; and a state-of-the-art R&D facility that is currently under construction. From this campus, we produce recreational and medicinal products. Internationally, we intend to service the global medical cannabis market through our subsidiary Holigen, which has a license for cannabis cultivation in Portugal and will operate GMP-designed manufacturing facilities in Portugal and Australia.
Our purpose is to Cultivate Better:
People, Plants, Products. To this end, we aim to support improving outcomes through responsible cannabis use and, as established experts in cannabis cultivation, strive to be the brand of choice for consumers and patients seeking the highest-quality craftsmanship and product consistency across a portfolio of differentiated cannabis products. All of this can only be achieved through the hard work of our growing, passionate team, who share the core values of being Pioneers, Champions, and Students, in all that we do.
Visit www.flowr.ca for more information.
The Process Engineer will be responsible for establishing and optimizing new processes, working closely with the operations and R&D teams, as well as assessing and improving upon existing processes through data collection and analytics related to environmental and plant conditions.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Create and maintain documentation and tracking tools for environmental monitoring and process controls.
- Work closely with the master grower to innovate and implement new grow systems and methods, with the goal of improving efficiency and yield while ensuring a top-quality product.
- Analyze existing processes in the flower, mom and clone rooms and address any inconsistencies. Make recommendations to senior management based on findings.
- Analyze and interpret process and production data to identify opportunities for improvement projects, process changes, and new technologies that help achieve increased productivity, reduced product losses, enhanced manufacturing flexibility and capacity, improved product quality, safer operations, and improved environmental compliance.
- Initiate process improvements based on findings from information gathered; this is included but not limited to equipment, environment and workflow.
- Support facility expansion projects, design, commissioning and installation of new equipment.
- Troubleshoot equipment and process issues encountered during production.
- Support creation of SOPs and work instructions for new or updated processes. Work closely with the Director of Validation when bringing new equipment online.
- Work collaboratively with all production departments to find ways to improve equipment performance and quality of our product.
JOB SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical/Process, Industrial, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. Experience working in a manufacturing environment an asset.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment or similar.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong communication skills, with an emphasis on technical writing.
- Must be highly motivated, proactive, and willing to take on new challenges.
- Experience working in a GMP facility is an asset.
- Strong computer knowledge including Excel and other Microsoft Office applications required.
- Computer programming an asset.
- Eligible to apply for EIT status with EGBC.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a promising industry with lots of room for career growth and advancement.Work alongside a skilled, professional and passionate team that genuinely intends to make a mark in this rapidly growing industry.This role has breadth offering the candidate great financial accounting experience in an operating environment.
The Company is a committed equal opportunity employer. Flowr’s recruitment strategy is designed to attract the best person for each position, to ensure equality of opportunity for all applicants, and to promote our corporate vision and culture. When considering applicants for positions within our Company, only job related criteria such as ability, merit and responsibility are used to evaluate applicants. Flowr prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable law.
The Company is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. The Company believes in integration and equal opportunity. The Company is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner and will do so by identifying barriers to accessibility, removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility standards in accordance with applicable law.