***Security Clearance Required:
Secret or Eligible for Secret Level Clearance***
Apply knowledge of Network systems engineering expertise in support of system integration/installation definition, design and development, verification methods, sustainment, modeling and simulation, test and evaluation, supportability efforts, interoperability requirements across a wide range of hardware and software systems for ship, shore and mobile Unmanned Mission Control Station (UMCS) systems.
Development of work packages to support strategic planning. Work packages include (but are not limited to):
- Government Furnished packages (installation Guidance Instructions and Interface Control Documents (ICD)),
- UMCS System of Systems (SoS) System Operational Verification Test (SOVT) plan and matrix for shipboard industrial/stage testing,
- Shipboard Stage 1-5 Industrial test procedures,
- Establish SWAP-C budgets Unmanned Aviation Warfare Center (UAWC) and ancillary equipment,
- Subsystem Interface Change Documents (ICD) for interface gaps
Prepare virtual or 3D ship representative spaces for Human Systems Interface (HSI) studies & production planning, and
- Trade studies of physical implementation solutions.
- Participate in trade studies. This includes organizing the study team, ensuring quality of technical products and developing/delivering associated technical briefs and products.
- Perform shipboard surveys and collect data in support of modification.
- Work with Government and Industry engineering, product support, manufacturing and program manager personnel, including technical experts from various DoD entities.
- Evaluate, define, and develop technical and product support efforts to:
a) UMCS Network systems/subsystem integration/installation requirements and develop specifications and ICDs as applicable including SWAP-C budgets.
b) Requirements into guidance for installation/system integration design, ICDs and installation work packages.
c) Alternative approaches.
d) Network system portions of UMCS SoS SOVT plan and matrix for shipboard industrial/stage testing.
e) Review deliverables to ensure appropriate level of technical rigor.
f) Document Risk, Issues, and Opportunities (RIO) for ship, shore and test transportable.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an A-BET accredited college or university (REQUIRED).
Master's Degree from an accredited college or university.
A Journeyman level person within a labor category has 3 to 10 years of experience related to the functional duties for that labor category and a BA/BS degree. A Journeyman level person typically performs all functional duties independently.
A Senior level person within a labor category has over 10 years of experience related to the functional duties for that labor category and a MA/MS degree. A Senior level person typically works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently. A Senior level person may oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
Allowable Experience/Education Substitutions:
Bachelor’s Degree plus 4 years additional relevant work experience may be substituted for a Master’s Degree.
There are no substitutions for a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering. This is REQUIRED.
Other Desired Experience:
- System networking experience with communications/navigation/sensor network integration.
- Shipboard networking design, integration, installation, and check-out.
- Familiarity with Naval Modernization process in particular Ship Change Document (SCD) and Ship Installation Drawing (SIDS).
- Familiarity with Navy Shore installation process.
- Familiarity with Mobile Systems.
- Familiarity with NAVAIR Engineering processes.
- Familiarity with Fiber optic and Ethernet systems/protocols.
- Ability to communicate well in team environments.
- Good organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint.
Security Clearance Required:
Secret or Eligible for Secret Level Clearance
CRL Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sexual orientation, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.