*This position requires candidates willing to relocate to Charlotte, NC*
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION
Join the leader in Specialty Automation manufacturing! Scott is a global firm that designs, manufactures, and installs advanced solutions in the appliance, manufacturing, food, and material handling industries.
We manufacture a multitude of solutions – including AGVs, manufacturing automation components, meat processing equipment, and robotics solutions. These are typically large systems that need on-site commissioning, customer training, and regular servicing from Scott.
We are looking for a Senior Service Technician to help us continue providing world-class service and support at our customer’s sites. The Commissioning Technician shall be responsible for commissioning and servicing of Automation equipment across a variety of industries.
You should be highly organized, customer driven, and a self-starter. You must have a strong technical competence – with experience with mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic control systems.
Scott will provide you with an excellent salary and benefits. In return, we ask you to be a highly engaged team player. Projects are often done during weekend and night hours when customer sites allow service and installation work to be completed.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Working mostly on customers sites to support programed service and breakdown repairs of Scott equipment in production.
- Experience with automation safety, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, motion controls, and trouble shooting. Communicating with other Scott people who can assist, often remotely.
- Experience to identify root cause of problems, correct the problem (or problems) and verify equipment operation.
- Identify other potential issues and communicate them internally to Service Director and or customer.
- Be a leadership in the role in new equipment installation, start-up, commissioning, and production support, with experience to assess issues and changes holistically across the equipment and processes. Working in a small team of technically qualified people.
- Attend project and commissioning meetings to report progress and discuss in an open forum any risks or benefits relating to responsibilities and projects. Provide written reports of service activity, assessments of issues, customer communications, and steps taken to resolve problems.
- Work with customer’s maintenance and operations groups.
- Provide technical mentoring and training.
- Good communication skills, written and oral.
- Four-year degree in Engineering or Technical discipline
- Minimum 10 years’ experience within industrial automation. Specifically working with hydraulics, tooling, motion sensor, PLCs, and general wiring/mechanical equipment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in manufacturing maintenance
- Proven experience working autonomously.
- Ability to travel 60% of the time across the United States; this may include nights and weekends.
- Ability to relocate or currently residing in Charlotte, NC.
- Preferred experience managing small teams.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Patience and people skills when dealing with demanding clients and difficult situations.
SCOTT’S CORE VALUES:
- We Pursue EXCELLENCE. We Thrive on a challenge and we deliver for our customers because it who we are.
- We are committed to RESULTS. Together we evaluate and take action. Being accountable through to completion, no excuses.
- We act with INTEGRITY. We build confidence, do what’s right, and deliver on what we promise.
- Above all we value PEOPLE. We are one team. We respect each other and work collaboratively to achieve common goals.
ASSESSMENT TESTS / INTERVIEWS:
Scott utilizes assessment tests to determine the suitability of candidates.
Candidates may be asked to attend a remote video interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $120,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Are you able to relocate to Charlotte, NC?
- industrial automation: 10 years (Required)
- manufacturing maintenance: 5 years (Required)
Willingness To Travel: