We're looking for an experienced and creative Mechanical Engineer to design, optimize and execute hardware development. The work will require highly integrated and innovative design with the likelihood of generating IP along the way. You should have experience in consumer electronics (handheld an advantage) and a solid knowledge of the iterative product development cycle. Expertise in plastic part manufacturing, injection molding and tooling design essential.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate engineer who will bring knowledge, expertise and confidence to the team, as well as an infectious desire to create amazing products.
- Develop mechanical designs from concept, to detail design, to full-scale manufacturing
- Help design for manufacturability (DFM), and design for assembly (DFA) tasks and facilitate transition toward high volume production
- Drive failure analyses and design of experiments (DOEs) to reach design solutions and corrective actions
- Define mechanical component requirements based on overall system performance requirements
- Evaluate and select various materials and processes for optimal performance and manufacturability
- Determine the appropriate methods of test for both prototype and production level hardware
- Engage in cross-company collaboration between design, electrical, firmware, and other teams
- Build and foster relationships with internal and external teams/partners
- Contribute to informed decisions from technical, business and user experience perspectives
- Perform other job-related duties as required
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience, consumer electronics or medical industry preferred
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant fields
- Proficiency in CAD modeling (SolidWorks preferred)
- Disciplined in GD&T practices with close attention to datum establishment and tolerance analyses
- Familiar with fast prototyping methods
- Experience with hands-on projects and fluency with workshop tools
- Expertise in high volume DFM as well as product and process validation
- Experience in designing highly integrated electromechanical assemblies
- Strong knowledge of various materials and manufacturing processes
- Experience of bringing a product or assembly through its entire lifecycle from initial concept to production manufacturing
- Excellent communication and teamwork
Why work at Ember?
Ember Technologies, Inc. is a design-led temperature control brand whose mission is to revolutionize the way people eat and drink. Founded by inventor and serial entrepreneur Clay Alexander, Ember creates, designs and develops household products that offer consumers complete customization of their food and beverage temperature. Ember's Travel Mug and Ceramic Mug are the most advanced coffee mugs on the market, allowing individuals to set and maintain their preferred drinking temperature for hot beverages. Ember's world-class team consists of product designers, engineers and executives formerly with Apple, Microsoft, Nokia, Under Armour, Skechers, Beats by Dre and Amazon Labs.
What you need to know
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, vision, dental, etc)
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Flexible PTO policy
- Paid volunteer days
What you really want to know
- Coffee. Lots of coffee
- Cool swag + your very own Ember mug!
- Catered lunches through EAT Club
- Fully stocked fridge & pantry with all the snacks your heart desires
- Daily ping pong tournaments
- Potential celebrity sightings
- Guaranteed puppy sightings
- Team happy hours
- Spontaneous team outings!