Dashiell is a leading national provider of technical services to the electric utility, power generation, industrial, renewable and energy industries. These services include planning and systems studies, design and engineering, maintenance and testing, project management, construction, and turnkey EPC projects. Built on 50 years of experience handling large scale complex projects; Dashiell is a unique turnkey Engineering, Construction, and Testing company that specializes in medium and high voltage electrical infrastructure. More information about Dashiell can be found at www.dashiell.com.
The Entry-Level Document Control Assistant will be located at our Raleigh office at 11000 Regency Pkwy, Ste 100, Cary, NC 27518.
The Entry-Level Document Control Assistant will report directly to the Shared Services Supervisor and provide support services with regard to the operation of the document control system and document reproduction activities for all company teams.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Employee may be called upon to perform any or all the following functions:
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
- Organize and submit project transmittals
- Create and update drawing lists and distribution lists
- Print, scan, upload, email, package, and ship drawings
- Work with Engineering team to ensure deadlines are met on schedule
- Upload files to client FTP sites
- Plotter Troubleshooting
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and accuracy of his/her work
- Interact directly with all staff members
- Assist with folder and file name structure as well as electronic and hardcopy filing for controlled documents
- Assist with printing and organizing O&M manual packages
- Provide support to VP, Project Managers, Project Engineers, Designers, Purchasing and Controller
- Ability to lift 25 lbs on a regular basis
- Other duties as required
High school diploma or equivalent is required along with two years prior office experience. Experience in an engineering setting is preferred.
Employee must possess skills in the following areas:
- High School level mathematics
- Proficient in MS Office and Windows operating system
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, both orally and with written correspondence
- Conduct yourself and perform job duties in a professional manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment
- Must stay organized and pays close attention to details
- Proficient with express shipping software, such as Federal Express and UPS
- Must have a current driver's license and a clean driving record
- Flexibility for occasional overtime
Dashiell provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. The Company provides life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment insurance, long term disability insurance, and an employee assistance plan at no cost to the employee. Benefit offerings also include a choice of traditional PPO or one of two HDHPs, with corresponding FSA or HSA, dental, vision, supplemental life insurance, short-term disability insurance, critical illness insurance, group accident insurance, hospital indemnity insurance, a 401(k) with immediate vesting, and more!
Must be at least 18 years of age and legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship. No third-party recruiters, please.