The coolest jobs on this planet...or any other...are with Lockheed Martin Space!
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing women and men are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture urges employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Are you looking for a new career opportunity with an industry leader? Do you have a Bachelor's degree in engineering? Join our Strategic and Missile Defense Systems team. We are seeking an entry level Mechanical Engineer to provide mechanical engineering research/design requirements support for the assembly, test, and disassembly of Trident II D5 missiles and missile subassemblies inside of a restricted access area. Operations are conducted in processing buildings for ordnance and inert components of missiles and missile subassemblies at our Strategic Weapons Facility, Atlantic (SWFLANT), in Kings Bay, Georgia.
In this role you will:
- Perform investigative research to develop resolutions to mechanical anomalies/failures discovered with missile hardware (such as Thrust Vector Control systems, servoactuators, rocket motors, etc.) and subsequently propose those resolutions for action.
- Apply mechanical engineering principles to develop design recommendations as required in order to correct/resolve difficult and complex anomalies.
- Independently develop solutions based on design drawing requirements for failure conditions and actions required to preclude recurrence.
- Document mechanical/controls investigations in reports and provide status to group lead/Manager.
- Ensure missile processing complies to design requirements and recommend design changes to group lead/Manager.
- Lead engineering evaluations for new design changes, documentation, equipment, processes, or capabilities as required.
- Perform mechanical design/research engineering functions for projects with customers, various Lockheed Martin organizations, and appropriate contractors.
- Be willing to work around ordnance, shift work, and overtime as required.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or an engineering degree in a related discipline
- Ability to maintain eligibility for the Strategic Weapons Facility, Atlantic (SWFLANT) Personnel Reliability Program (PRP)
- Word, Powerpoint, Excel, & Project computer skills
- Ability to perform engineering functions related to resolving technical anomalies of limited scope with a range of knowledge of other related disciplines and documentation
- Ability to read design drawings, schematics, and connection diagrams
- Ability to work with internal and external contacts in a cohesive manner to resolve a variety of technical issues with only general direction
- Effective written & verbal communication skills; Effective organizational skills
- Ability to contribute to project milestones to meet commitments in order to preclude schedule impacts
- Ability to perform duties under direction of senior engineers to achieve successful results
- US Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain and maintain DOD Top Secret Security clearance. Interim Secret clearance required prior to start. Cannot be a dual citizen.
- Demonstrated experience in a production or manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting failures and providing disposition for technical resolution
- Demonstrated experience in taking initiative and fostering teamwork to perform technical assignments
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.