Join Our Team
We can provide employment where you and your peers help to create products for the burgeoning quantum technologies market. Rapidly growing, the company values critical thinking and nurtures innovative ideas in our employees. Our staff enjoys the advantages of being a true groundbreaking company with the added bonus of being associated with scientific excellence, not least Nobel Prize Winners. Ideal candidates should be able to work effectively within a small dynamic customer and research oriented team and must be largely self-motivated. Self-reliance is a must. ColdQuanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans. We offer a competitive salary package including 401K matching, school loan reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, and vacation and sick pay among other benefits to all full-time employees.
We are looking for a trained Opto-Mechanical Engineer with hands-on experience in a leading-edge design engineering setting. The candidate should be able to work effectively with minimal management and be ready to hit the ground running. Due to ITAR restrictions the candidate must be a US citizen or green card holder. PLEASE UPLOAD A COVER LETTER EXPLAINING WHY THIS JOB IS OF INTEREST TO YOU.
- Work with physicists to define, develop, and prototype new components, assemblies and systems.
- Analyze design performance through 3D CAD and finite element analysis (FEA) simulations.
- Characterize solutions for repeatability, and reliability through experiments and structured test plans.
- Develop manufacturing processes for the assembly and alignment of the products you create.
- Define, implement, and transfer manufacturing processes to production staff.
- Generate and implement Engineering Change Orders (ECO).
- Troubleshoot technical opto-mechanical production problems and support product repair activities.
- Minimum 3 years of experience and a BS in Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- In depth knowledge of mechanical design principles to create products and tools..
- Knowledge of bonding techniques, optics, and ultrahigh vacuum.
- Proficiency in using Solidworks tools for design and FEA for analysis.
- Highly proficient in applying GD&T
- Direct design experience with precision opto-mechanical products
- Familiarity with optical design principles
- Knowledge of and significant prior experience in optics and laser systems is highly desirable.
- BS or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering, Physics, or similar technical field.
Job Type: Full-time
- optics: 3 years (Required)