Software Engineer II (Angular/Python Developer)
San Antonio, TX
Secret / TS/SCI highly preferred
IndraSoft, Inc. is seeking a Red Hat Linux Engineer II with an Active Secret Clearance to work on IndraSoft’s program located in San Antonio, Texas. The incumbent will be a highly motivated individual who works well as part of multi-disciplinary Agile team in support of both operational support, system configuration and software development activities.
The Candidate must have strong analytical, troubleshooting skills. He/She will be responsible for programming and support, assisting in the design and development of software components, units and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules. The selected candidate will help analyze software requirements and operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition requirements, solution development and proposed solutions determined by feasibility of design within time and cost constraints, test and debug assigned components and units and assist with technical writing documents.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or Electronics. Master’s Degree with 3-5 years of experience or PHD with 0-2 year’s experience.
- Experienced with Red Hat Enterprise Linux providing administration, management and provisioning solutions.
- Experience with Red Hat writing with Ansible Automation.
- Solid understanding of code and script using a major scripting language (e.g. Python, PowerShell, ANSIBLE, Ruby, Bash).
- Familiar with ELK, Hadoop, Cassandra, or other big data and NoSQL technologies preferred.
- Strong understanding of network architecture and application development methodologies.
- Ability to identify and determine software, services and processes necessary to exact into sustainable solutions.
- Strong logical/critical thinking abilities, especially analyzing existing application architectures and developing a good understanding of data models.
- Experience with the System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) for software development.
- Proven skills for writing code in the about languages, testing software designs, integrating code in current architecture, monitoring system performance and recommending system re-designs base on results.
- Experienced in applying DoD procedures and guidance to control DoD networks, system architecture, software development and network security.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- DOD Secret Clearance / TS/SCI highly preferred
- DoD 8730 IAT level II certification (CCNA Security, or CySA+ or, GICSP, or, Security+ CE or SSCP) required.
- Analyze operational requirements, business needs, and operational data to support the development of applications and high-performance data processing systems.
- Research, design and develop automation method to support the platform provisioning, maintenance and operations of a large-scale products and services.
- Designs, develops and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design.
- Perform process and data modeling in support of planning and analysis efforts using both manual and automated tools.
- Perform application integration and troubleshooting for a complex application environment, including management of dependencies on services, platforms, and other applications on premise for cloud ready services.
- Design and build tools and frameworks that support deploying and managing platforms.
- Design, code, debug, test software and deliver cloud computing solutions, hosted services and underlying software infrastructure.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Ensures software standards are met. Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Confers with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Coordinates software system installations and monitors equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
While performing duties of the job, incumbent will be exposed to Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. This position requires incumbent to have the ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)