The Sales Application Engineer is an integral part of the CTPI sale’s team. The primary responsibility of the position is to ensure that our customers are provided with proposals and finished goods and services that meet or exceed expectations including quality standards, on-time performance and contractual requirements.
- Review customer specifications (pumps, service and parts).
- Prepare customer proposals (pumps, service and parts) including technical and commercial content.
- Prepare customer proposal cost estimates with the assistance of the Operations and Purchasing Departments.
- Specify purchase (buy out) items for proposal cost estimates.
- Prepare purchase requisitions for engineered purchased items and long lead material.
- Coordinate and respond to customer technical inquiries.
- Coordinate and respond to customer commercial inquiries.
- Act as contract administrator for service orders (coordinate shipment of parts, obtain certificate of insurance, prepare request for security clearance, negotiate final pricing and coordinate final invoicing and collection).
- Assist parts correspondent with identification of parts, coordinate with vendors for special pricing and coordinate with VP Marketing & Sales to establish list prices.
- Serve as the parts correspondent when the parts correspondent is out of the office.
- Contract administration for pump orders.
- Coordinate with the CAD/Technical Administrator in the preparation of technical manuals.
- Assist VP Sales & Marketing coordinating customer visits
- Assist VP Sales & Marketing preparing customer presentations.
- Maintain/update customer installation list.
- Maintain/update proposal logs (pumps, service and parts).
- Assist VP Sales & Marketing in developing new leads for pumps.
- Maintain/update project lead trackers.
- Special projects as required.
- Other tasks that may arise from time to time that are deemed to be reasonably expected as part of this role.
Required Skills, Experience and Behaviors:
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of experience in Application Engineering or experience deemed equivalent by the hiring manager.
- Basic knowledge of the technical requirements of the marine, offshore, industrial and related markets.
- Basic knowledge of pumps and hydraulic systems.
- Basic knowledge of electric power, electric motors and control systems.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Assist outside sales in preparing, delivering and presenting sales materials.
- Willingness to develop pump assembly skills and troubleshooting expertise.
- Willingness to travel and to learn the company’s products through “hands-on” experience in either a manufacturing and/or end-customer on-site field service environment.
- Ability and willingness to develop hands-on, on-board field service support.
- Act in accordance with the company’s code of conduct, safety policy and ISO requirements and in an ethical manner in support of a “Best in Class” organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- B.S in Engineering or experience deemed equivalent by the hiring manager.
- Experience and ability to read and interpret technical specifications, mechanical and electrical drawings and schematics in English.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Programs (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a shop environment including navigating stairs and lifting items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Willingness/Ability to occasionally be on 24-hour call and prepared to respond to requests and emergencies required to ensure excellent customer service.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Required)
- Do you have experience in Marine or Industrial Pump Sales?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply