MUST HAVE RENEWABLE POWER DISTRIBUTION SYSTEMS EXPERIENCE (INVERTER-BASED-ENERGY STORAGE & SOLAR) AND A MINIMUM OF 5 YEARS’ EXPERIENCE AS AN ELECTRICAL CONSULTANT OR APPLICATION ENGINEER.
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Application Engineer, with a focus on inverter-based energy storage and solar systems, to join our team located in Durham, NC. As a member of the Applications Engineering team, you serve as the technical resource contact for the Distributive Infrastructure (DI) sales team in pre-sales and early contract project assembly verifications of project scope, costing application and client design intent. Also, you will be involved with the project post-sale as a system technical resource to the project management team. You will be assigned to DI turn-key, equipment-only, and one-off specialty projects. Performance success will be measured on accurate and effective Application Engineering project support resulting in well-defined awarded projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities-PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
- Ability to develop concept drawings sets (Electrical One-line Diagrams, Site Layouts, etc.)
- Strong Commercial and Industrial Electrical power systems knowledge, application analysis and estimating skills
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills
- High attention to detail and process-oriented
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communications and relationship skills
- Code Interpretation and Application (NEC, NFPA, IBC, etc.)
- Review of specifications, drawings or customer requests to determine project scope, schedule, specifications, risk, and all technical delivery requirements
- Power system modeling (fault, coordination, arc flash) in SKM a plus
- Assist and participate in new product discussions, maintain an awareness of industry product and technology trends for the product lines and product applications – client solutions
- Understand the PowerSecure product line and overall business models
- Perform as an expert resource for general product specifications, application – customization discussions and inquiries.
- Be familiar with the sales process, strategic goals, and project delivery process requirements
- Be a technical liaison for the Sales team
- Work closely with sales staff, engineering and manufacturing leads to ensure complete and shared project understanding
- Assist sales in the development of project scope, schedule, risk management ID, and project information management
- Confirm client solutions design accuracy with sales and translate this project application design review accurately to estimating, engineering, manufacturing, and operations
- Participate as requested in-company training events, applicable industry and product-related training or certification classes and marketing – industry sector events
- Passion to contribute in a fast-growing corporate environment and leading-edge power system design-build firm.
- Post sale engineering project management
PowerSecure is a leading provider of advanced energy solutions to electric utilities and their industrial, institutional, and commercial customers. PowerSecure provides energy solutions in the areas of distributed energy infrastructure and energy efficiency.
We invest in high-value and cost-effective benefits for our employees. In addition to medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage, our benefits package includes:
- Competitive pay and a matching 401 (k) plan
- Vacation, Company Holidays, Personal Days and Sick Days
- Flexible spending accounts/Health savings account
- Wellness Incentive Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement Program.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS!
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related technical degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an electrical consultant, application engineer or related industry
- Renewable Power Distribution Systems Experience (Inverter based – Energy Storage & Solar)
- Strong CAD skills are required.
- Strong computer software skills
PowerSecure is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other basis prohibited by law.