A.L.P. is an international leader in the design, manufacturing and distribution of lighting components and components for other technical industries. We offer the industry’s most comprehensive line of products for OEMs and the aftermarket. For proprietary projects, our unique “360° Solutions” suite of custom services enables us to collaborate with customers at every stage of a product’s life cycle. Our core commitment is to provide superior service and product performance to every customer.
A.L.P. is committed to creating value within a wide range of products. Brands include LexaLite®, Reflek®, Steel Craft and Vantex™. With manufacturing plants in the U.S., Mexico, and Europe, and distribution centers strategically located throughout the U.S., Europe, Latin America and South America, A.L.P. endures as an innovative supplier of feature differentiated products, processes and lighting innovations.
Our search begins for a Process Engineer at our Dickson, TN facility.
FUNCTION: Provides technical leadership and support in maximizing process performance in assigned area or plant.
- Accept responsibility for Safety and the Safety of others by using Safety awareness to eliminate unsafe acts and correct unsafe conditions.
- Leads and support a culture of continuous improvement in both events and daily activity.
- Leads improving Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost in assigned area and in the facility overall.
- Is the In Control and Capable leader for the assigned area or process.
- Ensures product is run to ALP and customer specification.
- Ensures product documentation is up to date through active use of change control and ECN’s.
- Leads, performs and teaches root cause problem solving.
- Functions as the technical expert for hourly personnel, including process techs, in assigned processes.
- Actively seeks to improve the capability and performance of machinery, processes, and people in assigned process areas.
- Effectively plans, implements and directs projects, including capital projects.
- Analyzes and drives action from KPI’s daily. Can connect KPIs to plant and area financial performance. Prioritizes actions based on KPI and financial impact.
- Participates in new product development and existing product improvement. Ensures design for manufacture. Understands the customer’s utilization of the part and understands form, fit and function. Performs PPAP and communicates findings to customers.
- Performs process capability studies and uses the appropriate statistical techniques to analyze the data and draw sound engineering conclusions.
- Is a subject matter expert in metrology for the department, understands the various measurement tools available, and can run Gauge R&R studies following the procedure of the AIAG.
- Has a basic understanding of statistical variation in manufacturing processes and can use basic statistical tools (SPC charts etc.) to understand any process.
- Produces competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors.
- Responsible for all other duties assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS ) in engineering or technical field from four-year college or university.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a plastics processing or similar environment or equivalent education. Experience with coatings applications and sputtering processes preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, 2D and 3D CAD software.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Able to read, interpret, and manipulate drawings and understands tolerance stack.
- Knowledge of controllers and PLC’s.
Job Type: Full-time
- coatings & sputtering process: 2 years (Preferred)
- plastics manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement