QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST
As a leading insurance marketing organization, Senior Market Sales, Inc. (SMS) has an immediate need in our Omaha location for a highly motivated self-starting Quality Assurance Analyst. This person will be responsible for building and updating testing scenarios & test cases which can be leveraged in both a manual and automated test environment.
This position will ensure the quality and integrity of all software products produced by or implemented for Senior Market Sales and Affiliates, as well as monitoring and reporting on processes and procedures in product development and design.
Knowledge of general quality assurance department goals, expectations, standards, and processes is key to this position. In addition, this person will be responsible for learning and understanding the Senior Market Sales business model and systems to an elevated level of knowledge.
Must be able to build strong relationships and communicate with team members, stakeholders and vendor partners, as well as understand and articulate business needs to those with or without an IT background. Work with others in similar roles and within a team setting to ensure data, reporting and integration needs are appropriately addressed.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Build test scenarios and test cases for manual and automated testing
- Conduct testing on all software products for applicable platforms utilizing systems analysis techniques and procedures
- Backend database testing in designated/appropriate environment including validating stored procs, jobs and triggers
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan
- Identify potential quality issues per defined process and collaborate with developers and others to build software that meets customer needs and solves problems
- Elevate potential quality issues immediately to management
- Leverage situational awareness to guide, support, and supplement as appropriate when working with others.
- Maintain testing progress and discrepancy reporting system; collect metric data for trend analysis; and publish test reports and review material prior to general distribution
- Summarizes and communicates testing outcomes in meaningful ways
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members
- Identify potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance testing methods, implementation processes and automated testing solutions
- Able to work independently in a fast paced, fun, family focused environment
- Team Player
- Working knowledge of insurance services, industries, and product lines
- Knowledge of the general industry procedures, practices and terminology including data processing system and application design methods, techniques and standards
- Working knowledge of database definition and structure as well as data architecture and integration
- Knowledge of program and project management including outcomes, quality assurance, and satisfaction measurement and interpretation
- Data analysis and interpretive skills; ability to utilize data analysis/tools to help identify and implement process improvement solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication, relationship building skills, and presentation skills
- Attention to detail, problem solving and decision making abilities
- Creativity, diplomacy, sound judgment and initiative are important
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field or experience with a minimum of 2 years relevant Quality Assurance Technical experience required, preferably for a company in the insurance industry or software company with insurance or marketing-related experience
- Strong verbal and written proficiency of the English language is required.
Working Conditions: Normal office conditions. Work-week, over-night and week-end travel required to attend business meetings and conferences up to 25% of the time.
Qualified candidates should submit resume and salary requirements. This posting will remain open until filled by a qualified candidate.
Equal Opportunity Employer; SMS participates in the E-Verify system.
“Successful people do those things that failures refuse to do.”
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Assurance Technical: 2 years (Required)