We are seeking an experienced and energetic Acoustic Engineer to support our Acoustic Team in our Ennis, TX facility.
Ideal candidates will have excellent communication skills, intermediate knowledge of acoustic engineering skills to include speaker and subwoofer design, acoustic tests and simulation systems, and extensive knowledge with noise control and acoustic modeling. Candidates must also be self-motivated, able to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Interfaces with other engineers, technicians, and project team members in order to determine and achieve the desired product requirements.
- Discusses design, method of manufacture, method of test, potential suppliers, CAD requirements, and other procedures with team members to coordinate product development and realization.
- Supports Material Planning with vendor/supplier quotes and price negotiations, recommendations, and problem resolution and technical issues/questions.
- Researches new techniques, products, materials, and processes as well as new vendors/suppliers as required.
- Works to optimize the integration of acoustic components and concepts into product designs.
- Perform acoustic calculations and simulations, provide acoustic requirements for product specifications, evaluate product and project requirements, and assist in development of products.
- Preparation/review of test plans, procedures, and reports including assessment of validity of test methods, results, etc.
- Proficient using MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Outlook).
- Understanding and experience with some acoustic test and simulation systems (MLSSA, LEAP, LMS, EASERA, Klippel, SoundCheck, TEF, DATS, BassBox Pro, Clio, Audio Precision, etc.).
- Ability to learn MiTek’s internal systems and other programs as needed.
- Experience using Audio Precision is a plus.
- Experience using FineCone or FineMotor speaker FEA or COMSOL or ANSYS SW is a plus.
- Experience using SolidWorks 3D CAD is a plus
- Proficient understanding of vibration theory, structural mechanics, and failure analysis of materials.
- Proficient understanding of materials used in speaker manufacturing.
- Willing to travel internationally on a periodic basis.
- Extensive experience with acoustics, noise control, and acoustic modeling.
- Hands-on skills with hand and power tools.
- Proficient experience with calibrated measuring devices including vernier calipers, micrometers, and electronic multimeters.
- Excellent project management skills comfortable with multiple simultaneous responsibilities.
- Lean Six Sigma experience is a plus.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Acoustic Engineering, or Physics
Minimum of three years’ acoustic engineering experience – speaker/subwoofer design experience preferred
MiTek/AtlasIED is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- speaker design: 3 years (Preferred)
- acoustic test: 3 years (Preferred)