Title: Process Engineer – Tape Extrusion
Department: Tape Extrusion
Position Summary: The Process Engineer – Tape Extrusion will participate in and lead a variety of engineering assignments designated to continuously improve production/process methods and controls to meet the safety, quality, and production standards in the most cost-efficient manner.
- Investigate and resolve work-in process problems.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
- Develop, implement, and monitor waste reduction programs in Tape Extrusion departments.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies A3 problem solving methodology to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Collaborates with the R&D department to develop, organize and report on R&D trials in the extrusion department as they relate to resin offsets and process improvements.
- Performs analysis on competitive products to determine strengths and weaknesses of competing products.
- Reviews and makes recommendations to improve flow of materials and improve current information systems in the extrusion department.
- Monitor assigned operations to assure compliance with approved methods and quality standards.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Chemical or Mechanical Engineering degree.
- Polymer science or plastic extrusion experience and knowledge of HDPE, PP, LDPE.
- Lean and Six Sigma certification.
- 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Extrusion experience would be an asset.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills – the ability to effectively communicate with team members.
- Demonstrated commitment to Safety.
- Ability to set work priorities based on customer requirements, impact on product quality and process improvements.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office products
- Able to multitask under tight deadlines; set priorities; use independent judgment with strong attention to detail.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Manufacturing: 5 years (preferred)
- engineering: 5 years (required)