Quality Manager & Engineer
Ready for a change? You'll find itat Darex. We work very hard to create a workplace where people want to be --not because they must but because they enjoy being here. If you are committedto excellence and take pride in your work, keep reading. We are a dynamic and team-orientedmanufacturer of industry-leading precision sharpening tools sold worldwide. Weare committed to quality, and promote a culture of honesty, accountability,community and fun. We are one of Oregon's top-rated workplaces, with a casualand collaborative working environment. We guide our actions and choices by ourCore Values:
- Love & Respect
- Honesty & Integrity
- Own Your Experience
- Continuous Improvement
- Enjoy What You Do
If our culture appeals to you -- weare looking for a Quality Manager/Engineer to lead our Quality team in providing WOW products to our customers. The Quality Manager will proactivelymanage Quality & Reliability standards, operations, staff, documentationand initiatives to assure consistent product quality, safety and performanceacross all Darex product lines. Through a high-level of organization and collaboration, you will make sure theteam is informed and led through projects that move efficiently into Production. You'll take on other projectsas needed, in support of various departments providing technical expertise with a hunger to make change happen seamlessly within Darex as we seek to create Wowproducts for each and every customer.
Essential Duties &Responsibilities
- Creates and achieves Quality & Reliability operational objectives by cultivating information and implementing strategic direction to the Q&R team to assure on time delivery of product that conforms to Darex specifications.
- Manage, recruit, train and mentor Q&R staff (receiving inspection, WIP, auditing, document control, and product certification testing) toward meeting operational objectives.
- Create, modify and maintain quality systems and processes to ensure excellent product quality.
- Report key findings and provide general departmental updates to the company through Quality Notices, presentations, and scuttlebutts.
- Gather and use both internal and external customer feedback to analyze and improve performance for our customer, the product and company processes.
- Meet Quality & Reliability financial and operational objectives by estimating future needs, scheduling expenditures and reducing production costs through budgeting.
- Define and improve product specifications and performance for both new and existing through collaboration with Sustaining Engineering, Operations, New Product Development and Marketing.
- Work with purchasing to optimize supplier performance, including review of corrective actions, communicating preventative measures, and visiting foreign suppliers as needed.
- Validate quality for new products, through managing the testing, and specifications of each new product.
- Maintain and improve quality measurements systems; assure that measures and tests are reliable, accurate and value adding to the organization.
- Oversee product safety processes in production to ensure compliance with applicable Safety Standards.
- Work with Engineering to ensure product safety changes fall into alignment with product design requirements.
- Create and maintain all internal and external Quality process documentation.
- Conduct other managerial and human resource duties for the QA department; including budgeting, CR review, timecards, resolving personnel issues, hiring, reviewing compensation, enforcing policies and procedures.
Lives and promotes the Darex corevalues
- Creates a great working environment for fellow co-workers * Does everything possible to move the Darex business forward
- Listens carefully to feedback and translates that information into improvement steps
- Works at a high pace, with emotional intelligence
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS ANDEXPERIENCE -
- Bachelor Degree in engineering, or Associates Degree in engineering plus equivalent relevant experience
- Proficient computer skills MS office, including Outlook and Excel CAD - preferred ability to learn SolidWorks PDM and data management, preferred Ability to learn/understand MRP/ERP system
- Experience in manufacturing processes and quality control
- Knowledge of global manufacturing environment & economics
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. * do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
- Requires both a Resume and a Cover Letter.
Job Type: Full-time
EOE M/V/F/D Darex is a drug free workplace. Pre-employment drug screening required
Job Location: Ashland, OR 97520
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule