Are you a creative thinker and problem solver?
Are you prepared to take you career to new heights?
Are you looking to develop your career as a Systems Integration/Test Engineer?
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Join the team that is delivering Global Positioning System (GPS) satellites and providing precision navigation and timing to the world.
Learn more about GPS III.
Lockheed Martin is looking for a Systems Integration and Test Engineer, to join the GPS III Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) team in support of the final assembly and launch of GPS III satellites.
As a Systems Integration and Test Engineer, you will:
- • Support Program System Engineering and Certified Principal Engineers (CPEs) in the verification of test requirements
- Understand and perform job duties using the principles and disciplines of SV Test Engineering including policy, procedures, process discipline, operations, safety, and command media
- Be willing to work in a 24/7 operations environment which may include some overtime and support off-shifts and/or weekends/holidays
- Work across the entire Bus and Payload EGSE system
- Participate in 24x7 operations as required at the Denver GPS Processing facility and at the Cape Canaveral launch base
- Build, procure and produce drawings for new EGSE designs
- Integrate, install, validate, operate, and maintain EGSE hardware in Denver to process multiple GPS III SV's
- Interface with internal and external teams to quickly resolve EGSE issues during test to meet schedule demands
- Assist with the integration and validation of EGSE at the launch site
- Support rapid and thorough closure of flags, Qnotes, Failure Review Boards (FRB) activities, and other
- Update system design documentation to reflect as built and future EGSE designs
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field; or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with testing and problem solving for integrated systems
- Willingness to work overtime supporting off-shifts and weekends/holidays in a 24/7 operations environment
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline with an emphasis on RF communication
- Experience in a test and requirements verification environment
- Experience in troubleshooting ground systems analog and digital hardware, and be familiar with Automation Framework
- Experience in SV Test Operations including the test development process, test execution, data analysis, anomaly resolution, satellite software test systems, and electrical test equipment such as oscilloscopes, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and digital multi-meters
- Certified Test Conductor (CTC) with experience in SV Integration and Test including: Baseline Ambient, Full Functional, Thermal Vacuum, Acoustic, EMC/EMI, Final Functional, and Launch Base Operations
- Understand hardware and software design principles
- Experience with EGSE hardware integration, design, testing, and anomaly resolution
- Experience with all major satellite test phases: Ambient, Thermal Vacuum, Acoustic, Vibration
- Ability to read/write hardware/software specs and Interface Control Documents (ICD)
- Ability to focus on working multiple priorities
- Ability to support 24/7 schedules, on-call support
- Ability to successfully complete projects in a timely manner
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently
- Certified Principle Engineer experience
- Demonstrated interest and ability to learn new tools and technologies
- Ability to maintain process discipline in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Demonstrated basic understanding of systems thinking skills and behaviors
- Excellent technical writing, planning and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build solid relationships with team members
- Experience writing system level test plans, test procedures, and test information sheets
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.