Entry Level Engineer, EIT – Laramie, WY
Trihydro Corporation, a mid-sized engineering and environmental consulting firm with a national footprint, is seeking a dynamic, talented engineer to join our team. This position will focus on developing civil engineering and infrastructure work for the mining sector including active and abandoned sites. If you’re a civil or mining engineer interested in career-growth opportunities and joining a growing team, we encourage you to apply!
Improving our communities and the environment is at the heart of Trihydro’s mission. We achieve our mission by empowering our employees to develop solutions that exceed our clients’ expectations. We understand our employees are our number one asset; treating them as such has fostered a strong company culture that has spurred our growth and diversification over the past 37 years. We need motivated engineers who are interested in supporting our continued pursuit of our mission, growth and diversification.
As a member of our team, you will develop solutions for the mining sector. Work sectors may include surface water modeling, hydraulic design, site grading solutions, mine planning, and geotechnical investigations. Through your work, you will be integrated into a thriving team environment, supporting project work while fostering employee growth.
In this role you will have responsibilities such as technical research, performing design calculations, drafting figures, plan set preparation, modeling, preparing technical memorandums and reports, preparing project specifications, developing cost estimates, and preparing permit applications. You may also conduct field data collection, perform site inspections and inventories, and perform construction observation.
This position is based in Trihydro’s Corporate Headquarters in Laramie, WY. Laramie is a thriving college community with easy access to many outdoor activities.
We encourage you to apply if:
- You are in the beginning stage of your career, looking for valuable experience, and excited to build a strong technical foundation. Relevant experience and/or interest includes hydrologic modelling, hydraulic design, site grading design, drainage systems design, and erosion and sediment control modelling
- You are a strong communicator, both orally and written, with the ability to communicate effectively with clients, agencies, and team members
- You are an E.I.T. (or F.E.) or have plans to obtain your E.I.T. soon
- You have experience with AutoCAD and Civil 3D or related CAD programs (not required, but this experience will allow you to hit the ground running)
- You possess strong technical and problem-solving skills, including attention to detail, accuracy and completeness, and a commitment to producing high-quality deliverables
- You have an interest and ability to travel to client locations and other Trihydro offices
- You understand the importance of time management and possess excellent organization skills
- You have a strong driving record and a commitment to safe operations
This job is for you if:
- You desire career-growth opportunities and are interested in playing an integral role in a growing team and company
- You want to be part of a dynamic company that treats team members like family
- You value working with others to achieve goals that make a difference to our clients and our communities
- You assume ownership of your work and take pride in producing high-quality deliverables
At Trihydro, our approach to work is honest and hard-working. You’ll find a company culture that is dedicated to excellence, nurtures collaboration and growth, and still finds plenty of time for fun! Some of the benefits of joining our team includes:
- A robust health insurance program (medical, dental, vision, and prescription)
- An industry-leading 401(k) retirement plan, including a 6% discretionary match by Trihydro
- Comprehensive paid time off including vacation, flex, sick, paid family medical leave and holiday pay
- A wellness program, including reimbursement for gym membership or related expenses.
- Staff mentoring and opportunities for professional/career advancement
- A best-in-class safety culture built to protect our employees – the mothers, fathers, sons, and daughters who deserve to go home safely each night
This is a full-time position averaging 40-45 hours per week. Interested candidates should apply at https://www.trihydro.com/about-us/careers with their application, resume, and cover letter addressed to Trihydro’s Recruiting Team.
Trihydro is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected Veteran.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you an E.I.T. (or F.E.) or do you have plans to obtain your E.I.T. soon?
Work Location: Multiple Locations