Responsible for the deployment, management, and day-to-day support and administration of the financial network and server infrastructure. Using your skills, assist with implementing new functionality, services, and applications, while adding quality of life improvements across the IT infrastructure corporate network and customer-facing solutions. Work in a proactive team environment driving innovative solutions/architecture to positively impact the success of the company. The role is 70% Network Engineering and 30% Systems Administration. There will days and weeks where all you do is network support and times where all you do is systems support.
Network Engineer Responsibilities:
- Monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and work on network optimization tasks.
- Managing VLAN’s, DHCP, DNS and other networking protocols
- Configuring and maintaining switches, firewalls and Wi-Fi environment
- Monitor internal and remote network connectivity, performance, and security.
- Complete management of supported phone system including extension management, IVR, call queues, and time-based rules.
- Performing capacity planning, performance optimization, and preventative maintenance duties such as backup/recovery testing.
- Provision Network Ports and VLANs for Data Center and Backup DR Site.
- Provide and maintain documentation of internal workflows.
- Provide proactive maintenance for the entire network infrastructure.
- Provide plan/feedback to management for infrastructure improvement.
Position Specific Competencies:
Adapts to change
· Open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
· Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes risks, supports change, encourages innovation, solves problems creatively.
· Has an awareness of, researches and adopts effective technologies that improve the bottom line, works well with tech resources.
Minimum Education, Skill, or Knowledge Requirements:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (4 years minimum).
- Proven communication skills.
- Project management skills and experience.
- Proven understanding of Financial Services technology infrastructure.
- Proven understanding of systems architecture and integration.
- Ability and desire to interact and contribute in a team environment.
- Proven experience in a network administrator role.
- Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching.
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure.
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired.
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware.
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies.
- Great at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking.
- Windows Server, VMWare, Office 365. Mitel VOIP, Zerto, Veeam.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Work Location: One location