Are you an aggressive learner? Do you have the ability and motivation to continuously improve and quickly pick up new concepts? Do you enjoy work that combines creativity and innovation to create practical solutions? Are you a recent college or bootcamp grad, or self-taught developer looking for your first gig, or are you tired of feeling like a nameless code factory in a large Agile team?
SenSource, Inc., a member of the Forbes Technology Council, is a leading provider of people counting solutions, working with some of the biggest names in retail and other markets. We are a close team of creative thinkers who enjoy innovation and working hard to see our business succeed.
We are seeking a driven and talented individual who is looking to make a real contribution beyond simply writing code to check off requirements. This is a Junior Software Developer position and there is no requirement for previous employment experience.
- You must have a strong desire to learn, especially through self-study
- You must like to solve complex problems
- You must be able to learn new patterns and technologies quickly
- You must have the ability to read documentation and apply the concepts
- You must have some, even shallow, experience with relational databases
- You must be able to demonstrate common programming patterns in one or more languages
Better if you have, but we can teach:
- Comfort with using the command line, preferably a *nix shell (Linux/Unix/MacOS)
- Experience using a version control system, especially Git
Other experience considered:
- GitHub / GitLab portfolio – including personal projects and open source contributions
- StackOverflow, HackerRank, Codewars, or other applicable profiles
- Personal websites and web applications
- LinkedIn endorsements
- Anything else you find relevant to the position
What you will do:
- You will go through an intensive bootcamp on many concepts, from basic networking to functional programming, software design, containerization, and more
- You will design and develop small to medium server and/or client applications to fit into a broader system based on written and verbal requirements
- You will participate in design sessions and contribute ideas to deliver value to our customers and grow our business
- You will spend time in self-study to learn technologies in-depth
- You will be mentored in many facets of the field, from design and development to architecture and orchestration
Technologies you will work with:
- Git (GitHub / GitLab)
We are offering:
- Competitive starting salary
- Company growth incentives
- Paid time off including paid holidays
- Generous health insurance, vision and dental insurance, and 401k programs
- Mentoring from industry leading architecture, dev-ops, and engineering professionals
- Paid training opportunities
This is an in-office position at our Youngstown, Ohio office and candidate will need to work in the office. Relocation allowance is not provided. Please do not apply if you are not in the Eastern Ohio / Western Pennsylvania area.
Travel is rare, but occasionally required and will average less than 3% of the total work hours per year. The work week is a typical Monday-Friday from 8:00am – 5:00pm with reasonable breaks and meal time.
Don’t miss this chance to start your career or change your trajectory and to learn from the decades of experience on our fast-paced engineering team.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Austintown, OH (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule