Steffes is a lean-operating original equipment manufacturer headquartered in Dickinson, North Dakota with additional manufacturing facilities in Grand Forks, North Dakota. We specialize in steel fabrication and electrical services for a variety of diverse industries, including oil and gas, contract manufacturing and electric thermal storage. With a creative team of experienced engineers and manufacturing experts, our ability to innovate and solve complex issues is unmatched in the manufacturing industry.
This position is responsible to provide horizontal and vertical integration of IT systems and services, with a focus on Networking. Collaborate and provide feedback to the IT Manager and all other administrators during project timelines. Assist staff with technical support of computers, applications, networking, and related technology including installation and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established guidelines. Will assist with training, research and implementation of new technologies to meet the growing needs of the company. Good communication skills and a desire to work around others is essential. Motivation and an eagerness to learn is important.
Steffes Core Values
Trust: We promote growth and long-term success by making wise decisions with trust as an essential component.
Respect: We unleash creative talents of our diverse workforce by treating each other the way we would like to be treated.
Teamwork: We believe people achieve much more by working together.
Integrity: We follow through and keep our word while being open, honest, ethical, and fair.
Safety: We view our co-workers as family members of our business and strive to ensure safety for all.
Humility: We recognize and appreciate strengths and contributions beyond one’s self. We are modest, genuine, and authentic.
- Monitor desktop and associated network system performance.
- Performs network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Upgrades network hardware and software components as required.
- Plan, document, and manage the phone system and its usage.
- Provides users with network technical support.
- Responds to the needs and questions of users concerning their access of resources on the network.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex technology problems for end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions; including off-site repair for remote users as needed.
- Assist with maintaining local copiers, printers, and peripherals
- Assist with the Installation, configuration, testing, maintenance, monitoring, and troubleshooting of end-user workstations and related hardware and software to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to PCs, including the installation of hard disks, hard drives, RAM, etc.
- Collaborate with other IT administrators and IT Manager to ensure efficient operation of the company’s computing environment.
- Receive and respond to incoming helpdesk calls and tickets, and/or e-mails.
- Develop and maintain all network documentation and procedures.
- If necessary, work with third-party support and PC equipment vendors to provide adequate solutions.
- Conduct research on a variety of products in support of PC procurement and development efforts. Evaluate and recommend products for purchase.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future technology needs, including hardware, software and services.
- Respond promptly to system outages, service issues, and user requests for technical assistance.
- Where required, resolve security issues and document promptly and accurately.
- Complete projects on time and meet all requirements
- Assist in the creation and updating of infrastructure documentation.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in collaborative manner with customers, suppliers, co-workers, and management.
- Helps company meet its Strategic, Quality and Safety objectives.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Customer Service - Demonstrate excellent customer service and display a positive attitude and behavior consistent with the Steffes Code of Conduct and Core Values.
Quality - Actively support and participate in Quality Improvement.
- Take immediate action in unsafe situations.
- Adhere to all safety standards; thus, promoting safe practices to ensure a safe environment.
Conduct - Demonstrate and support the Steffes Code of Conduct.
Policies and Procedures - Demonstrate and support Steffes Policies and Procedures by:
- Using tact, sound judgement, and maintaining a professional attitude in communication and relationships with others.
- Striving to deliver the best quality in daily work.
- Promoting a positive image of Steffes and its products.
- Being timely and punctual in attendance and following all policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology Support, Computer Science or related field
- 2 years equivalent IT work experience.
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC and desktop hardware and PC internal components.
- Hands-on hardware, Windows 10, and MS Office troubleshooting experience.
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Communication skills (Develop written communication requiring grammar skills; interact with customers on an explanatory basis; interact with groups of people, co-workers, subordinates; use of telephones, 2-way radios, public address system; and oral communication)
- Basic and advanced math skills
- Reading skills (Basic instructional and technical information)
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- An acceptable combination of education and experience
Physical Demands of Position
- This position requires walking, sitting or standing to a significant degree.
- Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds from floor to waist, carry 50 pounds, and push and/or pull up to 20 pounds.
- Must have the ability to climb ladders and/or stairs.
- Stooping, crouching, kneeling and bending.
- Handling, feeling, and gripping would be required for some activities.
- This role may be subject to internal and external environmental conditions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement