PHP Developer - USC or GC only
USC or GC
We are looking for a talented PHP web developer to join our small team of developers and scientists. You will be the primary web developer, working within an experienced Environmental Data Management team to develop, improve and maintain our client portal environmental data websites. You will report to the Project Manager and be primarily responsible for enhancing website functionality and maintaining the PHP codebase. Working with the scientific team, you will gather requirements, design, build, prototype, test and release client portal enhancements.
Although Battelle is a large organization, consider this assignment a small business within Battelle that needs a skilled PHP programmer to work with our local team of scientists and lead the enhancement and maintenance of our data websites.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Design, develop, and maintain front end pages and architecture.
- Create and enhance front end codebases to improve product usability, performance, and accessibility.
- Gather requirements from team scientific staff.
- Work closely with project requestors to ensure you meet their business requirements.
- Perform testing/debugging of current and updated software.
- Complete code reviews on various projects.
- Write clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code.
- Participate in planning and design meetings.
- Research and advise on appropriate technologies for a given project.
- Assist with documentation to create end-user and functional documentation.
- Participate in brainstorming for new services and features.
- Good verbal and writing communication skills.
- Familiarity with SQL
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience with relational databases
- Oracle database experience
- PostgreSQL database experience
- Basic Knowledge of Windows IIS
- Experience using a source control system (e.g. Git)
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $40.00 to $50.00 /hour
- PHP: 8 years (Required)
- CSS: 5 years (Required)
- oracle database: 1 year (Preferred)
- HTML: 5 years (Required)
- Java script: 4 years (Required)