NOW HIRING - VEHICLE SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Tronair is a dynamic global leader in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of branded ground support equipment, and aftermarket replacement parts and services for business, commercial, and military aviation. We recently opened a brand new state of the art 300,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Swanton OH adjacent to the Toledo Express Airport. Tronair is the only one-stop shop for mission-critical, highly engineered, customized Ground Support Equipment solutions. Tronair’s branded products include towbars, jacks and stands, hydraulic power units, electrical equipment, and towbarless tugs, among other products.
SUMMARY: The Vehicle Systems Engineer will be responsible for designing and coordinating the development and integration of new technology and implement improvements into our electric and engine powered vehicle product lines. They will possess the vision necessary to advance the company’s vehicle product lines in anticipation of current and future customer demands. Occasional business travel will be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Manage and develop new system designs for electric and engine powered vehicles equipment and/or modify existing equipment on current production vehicles.
- Manage and design of components and systems to provide maximum customer value and vehicle function, including improved economy, safety of operation, and operational performance, at optimum costs.
- Lead and participate in the design, building, modification, and testing of vehicles, utilizing CATIA, SolidWorks, and National Instruments DAQ systems.
- Perform FEA on components that lend themselves to high degree of stress in the vehicle application.
- Conduct experiments and tests on new and existing designs and equipment to obtain data on function/performance of equipment.
- Coordinate with OEM’s to design and test products that meet and/or exceed their vehicle requirements.
- Work with Sales team to determine new vehicle development product specifications.
- Work with management to develop cost/margin analysis for new products.
- Analyze data to develop new system designs using motors, brakes, pumps, and other related mechanical, hydraulic, and electromechanical components.
- Direct validation activities on components and equipment under designated conditions to ensure operational performance meets design specifications.
- Work with customers to identify needs and implement these requirements into new vehicle design.
- Must possess the vision and ability to take Tronair and Eagle to the next level of engineering standards to produce and provide more robust products and services to our customers.
- Up to 30% travel may be required to attend trade shows, trouble shooting, product launches, CDR’s, PDR’s, and design launches.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in Vehicle Design or related field
- In depth knowledge of electric vehicle standards, systems and processes
- Must be proficient in managing, organizing, and maintaining large quantities of data
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Vehicle Engineering or related field.
- 10 years of experience in electric and/or engine driven vehicle design or related field.
- Automotive or Aerospace background preferred.
- At the company’s discretion, a combination of experience and education may be substituted for these requirements.
- Flowcharting and technical writing skills preferred
- Must have the ability to work both strategically and tactically
- Previous experience with project planning required
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Must demonstrate the ability to emphasize excellence through attention to detail
- Must be highly organized and able to meet deadlines
- Must be able to deal with complexity
- Must Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to analyze information effectively for process improvement
- Must be able to work cross-functionally to achieve goals
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, particularly when working on the computer
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, particularly when in the manufacturing facility
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally unassisted
- Ability to bend, kneel and stoop occasionally
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to follow all safety requirements
- Ability to use standard office equipment (copier, fax, telephone, computer, etc.)
- Manufacturing shop and office environment
- Exposure to noise, fumes, and dust, while in the manufacturing facility.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Critical features of this job are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other reasons.
Tronair is an EEO/AA employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet
Job Type: Full-time
- Vehicle Design: 5 years (Required)