Posting #: 2021- 013
Date of posting: October 27 , 2021
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado 80524
Residency Requirement: U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card)
Time commitment: Full time
Reporting structure: Reports directly to the VP of Engineering
Salary Range: $65,000 – $110,000
Czero seeks an experienced an experienced Mechanical Engineer/Designer with both the CAD and analytical skills required to take a project from start to finish. You will work in a team environment supporting research and development projects in advanced automotive, oil and gas, clean energy, aerospace, transportation, and other industries.
Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering (advanced degree preferred)
Minimum of 5 years’ experience using solid modeling/CAD tools for design, with most of the time spent utilizing CAD tools.
Essential for this position:
- Proven ability to develop new concepts and designs to solve R&D challenges.
- Demonstrated capability to create designs using SolidWorks (preferred), Autodesk Inventor, and/or PTC Creo.
- Proficient in GD&T (ASME Y14.5) to create manufacturing and assembly drawings as well as perform tolerance stack-up analysis.
- Perform analysis as part of the design process using spreadsheets, Mathcad, or similar programs (i.e., fatigue, buckling, peak stress, system hydraulic flow/pressure calculation, actuator/pump/motor sizing, spring/gear/spline design, etc.).
- Work with the team to evaluate concepts and conduct/participate in design reviews.
- Work with the team on FMEA/HAZOP’s and related documentation
- Write specifications for purchased components.
- Work with vendors and experts on component selection.
- Meet with clients, vendors, and partners.
- Document design activities.
Additional consideration given to those with experience in these areas:
- Analysis capabilities: FEA, CFD, dynamic modeling, MATLAB, Simulink.
- Experience with material, surface treatment, and surface coating selection.
- Document control and Solidworks PDM experience.
- Automotive powertrain engineering/design.
- Engineering for oil & gas applications.
- Hydraulic systems, including industrial hydraulics and high-bandwidth systems such as fuel injectors, high-speed valves, etc.
- Process piping (ASME 31.1 & 31.3).
The right fit for our team
Beyond technical ability, we’re looking for someone who is smart, creative, innovative, hardworking, able to handle multiple projects at a time, and enjoys tough challenges. In our continuously changing and highly creative project environment, everyone at Czero has an innate desire to learn and broaden their knowledge base and engineering skills. Additionally, we have a true team environment, so it’s crucial that you can collaborate effectively with diverse team members.
If you join us, you will be immediately contributing to a project team of other motivated and passionate problem solvers as we strive to deliver the best designs for our customers and positively impact the environment.
Salary and Benefits
Czero offers a flexible and collaborative workplace with competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including:
- Employer sponsored health
- Employer paid Long Term Disability
- 401k retirement plan with employer match.
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off, accumulating from your first day.
- Annual discretionary bonus and salary adjustments.
- Family leave
At Czero we work on a wide variety of projects, for companies large and small, innovating new, and further developing existing mechanical, electromechanical, and electrohydraulic systems and subsystems and the associated controls. Czero specializes in early-stage research and development of innovative technologies in the energy sector, in particular those that reduce energy consumption and/or harmful emissions. At any given time, our projects may include wave energy, compressed air storage, hydrogen infrastructure, automotive powertrains and valvetrains, fuel cells, and hydraulic power systems, to name a few.
Czero is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and do not discriminate based on disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state, provincial or local laws.
Please do not contact us regarding this or other positions at Czero; we already have an established relationship with a great recruiting team. Thanks!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Work Location: One location