Spacecraft Sub-System Project Engineer
SolAero Technologies is a leading provider of high efficiency solar cells, solar panels, and composite structural products for satellite and aerospace applications. We are the world’s only vertically integrated, end-to-end supplier of satellite solar arrays. SolAero’s proven flight heritage, high volume production capability and technology position us to service the world’s most demanding satellite applications. Since 2001, SolAero solar cells or panels have supplied primary power to over 480 successful space missions.
SolAero Technologies Corp. has an immediate need for a Spacecraft Sub-systems Engineer to assist on a full-time position.
The Spacecraft Sub-systems Panel Engineer provides technical leadership and coordination to meet Solar Panel and Solar Array program objectives, ensure requirements, and realize system concepts throughout execution of the project plan. This position serves as the main liaison between program management and technical experts both internally and externally (customer facing) to define an executable project to satisfy program needs. Review current design and manufacturing processes to determine limitations to meeting program requirements, assess alternative approaches where needed, and determines the most accurate, feasible, and economical solutions with stakeholders. Examine engineering project execution needs across all engineering departments and ensure the technical scope is appropriately defined for program needs. Prepare presentations and diagrams in relationship to technical requests or problem analysis and coordinate recommended solutions with end users, program management, and other stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In partnership with the Program Manager, serve as the primary technical interface with the customer:
- Provide engineering documents to/from the customer.
- Provide program related manufacturing/testing/schedule requirements and information from the customer to the panel engineering support group.
- Be responsible for program compliance to customer specifications.
- Prepare (with assistance from the panel engineering support group) all technical input for customer meetings.
- Prepare (with assistance from the panel engineering support group) program deliverable technical reports.
- Manage to closure all customer-related action items.
In partnership with Program Manager, oversee and coordinate all program-related engineering work:
- Host the engineering kick-off meeting.
- Oversee design of program deliverables and support hardware.
- Own the engineering portion of program huddles.
- Ensure all program-related engineering tasks are on-schedule.
- Own product configuration management tasks such as creation and release of program specifications and travelers.
- Interface with production team and manufacturing engineering as required to resolve program-related manufacturing issues.
- Manage to closure all engineering-related action items.
- Review all program-related engineering documents.
- Provide instruction for special operations.
- Review all program-related Engineering Change Requests.
- Consult on proposal technical input.
QUALIFICATIONS – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
- Leadership experience in a project engineering role.
- Proficient in all MS Office applications
- Must be able to work both independently and as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Must be able to motivate team members from many different groups to accomplish project goals in a timely manner.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must work well in a multi-tasking environment.
- Experience with power systems design for spacecraft and spacecraft environments.
- Spacecraft Systems Engineering related degree is desired.
- Experience in space-related manufacturing.
- Experience using AutoCAD (DWG viewer) or SolidWorks 2012 (e-drawings) or newer
- BS degree in engineering, material science, physics, or applied physics.
- 5 years of experience in product-related engineering
- Experience in cost justification for new processes and procedures required
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be accepted
**MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN OR GREEN CARD HOLDER**
SolAero is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
To be considered for this job opportunity, please visit: www.solaerotech.com , click on “careers”, then click “work with us”, select the job opportunity and apply/complete the on-line questionnaire. Thank you for your interest in SolAero Technologies Corp.
Job Type: Full-time
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Project Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- System Design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Communication Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative