Sales Associate Oil and Gas
Analytic Biotech Systems (ABS) offers an innovative rapid microbial testing system to laboratories, manufacturers, operators, agencies, and other clients throughout the continent of North America. The company collaborates with technology developers to expand assays offered and to meet specific needs of clients.
Scope of Position
The Sales Associate Oil and Gas will provide sales coverage in the oil and gas market and auxiliary markets primarily in Alaska. ABS will launch sales in this market in the fall 2020 with first emphasis on labs associated with oilfield testing. The Sales Associate Oil and Gas will provide leadership to the company in developing the oil and gas market throughout Alaska, developing client leads, closing sales, and servicing existing accounts. The Sales Associate Oil and Gas will have the unique opportunity to develop the Alaskam\n market, offering tremendous opportunities for growth and long-term sustainability of sales and income.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Analytic Biotech Systems’ technology and associated assays.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the functions of the technology, its logical applications, its limitations, and its advantages relative to alternative technologies, particularly related to the testing of well water, crude oil, natural gas, and oil-related products.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all relevant national, state, and local regulations.
- Network with laboratory managers/executives in oilfield service company labs, introducing them to the technology, becoming familiar with the labs’ operations and needs, promoting the benefits of the technology to them, meeting with them as needed, and finalizing sales. Support from the Senior Technology Officer and Senior Microbiologist at ABS will be provided as requested.
- Assist executive management in evaluating potential market expansions for the application of our testing platform. Potential market expansions include, but are not limited to, refineries, distribution systems, gas- and oil-fired power plants, and chemical companies.
- Attend relevant conferences to promote our technology, to network with potential clients, and to interact with existing clients.
- Maintain regular contact with existing clients to answer questions, suggest additional services, and assure them of ABS’ continued commitment to their needs.
- Although company headquarters are in Dallas, Texas, this position is identified as a work-from-home position allowing the employee to reside anywhere within Alaska. Primary sales opportunities are expected to be in the North Slope oilfields, the Alaskan Pipeline, and Southern Alaskan storage and processing facilities.
- Travel within Alaska will be required, averaging approximately 5-10 days per month.
- Travel to other North American locations is expected to average only 2-3 trips per year.
- International travel to Canada or Europe is possible.
- Earned BS or MS in Sales, Marketing, or Business Administration from an accredited university.
- At least 2 semesters of a college-level science required; biology, microbiology, or chemistry a plus.
- 2 years or more work experience in oil or gas production or service.
- Excellent people skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Ability to work constructively in a collaborative environment.
- Must be self-motivated, assertive, professional, and ethical.
- Sales Associate receives a substantial commission for each unit of the testing platform sold.
- Sales Associate receives a percentage commission for the assays and other testing materials.
Desired Start Date
November 16, 2020
Submit current resume with three professional references through Indeed.
For More Information
Visit our website at www.analyticbiotechsystems.com.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $40,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- oil or gas service company: 2 years (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture