Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for creating new reports and updating existing reports.
- Prepare requirements specifications.
- Prepare report summary documentation when new reports are published.
- Assist with projects that include a reporting component.
- Manage pipeline of open report requests and deliver reports on time.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Provide exceptional service to internal customers.
- Abide by all applicable Marine Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Abide by all applicable rules and regulations.
- Express, pursue, and deliver innovative ideas and solutions.
- Successfully provide reporting to the enterprise as needed.
- Effectively communicate, collaborate, and negotiate with internal customers regarding needs, scope, and priorities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Less than 10% time in rework on new reports.
- Improve speed to market for reports.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience using SQL Server Management Studio.
- Ability to write complex queries using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience creating reports in SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Exhibits strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with both technical and business staff.
- Sound judgment; ability to make decisions based upon analysis.
- Ability to present information and relevant summaries to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage change effectively.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience required in SQL programming and report writing.
- Previous financial services experience desired but not required.
Physical Requirements (with or without accommodation):
- 4 year college degree with major in Information Systems, Computer Science, or other related field.
- Long periods of sitting will occur regularly.
- Occasional lifting and/or moving 15 lbs or less.
- Occasional bending, stooping or crouching may be required.
This job description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.