Comprehensive benefits package includes options for medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, long term/short term disability, life insurance, and 401(k).
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.
Salary is negotiable, based on experience.
The Full Stack developer works collaboratively across the Innovation and Data Science teams, bringing expertise to the design, front-facing and back-end components. They will work with the entire software lifecycle (SDLC) from the interpretation of requirements to testing. Opportunity to work in growing InsurTech environment with excellent career progression available.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Experience of front-end development.
- Experience with AWS development and support.
- Maintaining and fixing CMS websites.
- Understanding of object orientated approach through applying enterprise patterns and best practices.
- Own the customer experience by solving complex business problems.
- Work directly with the team to understand and troubleshoot issues, collect data, elicit detailed requirements, then design and implement innovative solutions.
- Support our applications for our highly valued customers.
- Develop new functionalities on our existing software stack – whilst maintaining a fully-functional, secure, and integrated application landscape.
- Writing idiomatic, tested, scalable and documented code.
- Coordinate the workflow between analysts, developers, DevOps and data science.
- Cooperating with the front-end developers in the process of building and extending the RESTful API.
- Develop data audit, archiving and restoration processes.
- Research and identify new RESTful API service providers to determine business value and use.
This position currently has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines, and you have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, designing, and implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
- You must have basic understanding of software development and programming languages.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- You must be interested in InsurTech or the FinTech industry and be eager to learn in constant pursuit of personal and professional development.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Four-year degree in STEM subject or equivalent work experience in relevant fields.
- 2+ years’ cloud development experience.
- Experience with RESTful APIs including integrating with external APIs.
- Knowledge of SQL & NoSQL databases.
- Experience working in agile and collaborative environments to understand requirements, design, code and innovative test applications.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services, particularly SNS, Key Management Service, S3, RedShift, Cognitive Services.
- Any AWS Certifications are a plus.
- SQL experience with relational databases (MS SQL, Redshift, PostgreSQL).
- Experience working with a Customer Management System (CRM).
- Experience working with a Content Management System (CMS) (e.g., WordPress).
- Experience in financial sector business.
Must possess the ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos as well as write simple correspondence. Must also be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Must be proficient with the following: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must also be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
I have carefully read and understand the contents of this job description. I understand the responsibilities and duties expected of me. I also understand that this job description does not constitute a contract of employment nor alter my status as an at will employee. I have the right to terminate my employment at any time and for any reason and Frontline Insurance has a similar right.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lake Mary, FL 32746: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- HTML: 2 years (Required)
- Cloud development: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location