As a Superintendent you will play a significant part in the success for Kiewit’s Bridge and Marine District. You will function as a field supervisor and may have responsibility for multiple Foreman, and/or laborers/craft workers. You with be responsible for the organization, work methods, scheduling, cost control, conformity with drawings and specification, workmanship, and assignment of work to accomplish the execution of the work, either directly or through General Foreman or Foreman. You will also work to maintain positive working relationships with clients, architect/engineer, suppliers, subcontractors, and jobsite staff.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
Kiewit’s Bridge & Marine District headquartered in Vancouver, Washington, operates with heavy civil, marine, and industrial capabilities across North America. We are a leader in technical and traditional bridges, bridge like structures, marine structures, and dredge work. Kiewit Bridge & Marine is also the foremost constructor of floating bridges across the United States.
We currently have work all across the country in large cities and small towns, so our people must be willing to go where the work is. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date. Must be able to travel and relocate as business requires. Some of our current projects locations include, Florida, Washington, Oregon, California, Texas, Hawaii and Alaska.
- Mentor and help to grow Jr. Superintendents
- Review and approve the balance of Foremen, journeymen and laborer’s composite labor rates
- Manage contract administration (subcontractor/field management meeting for communication)
- Develop a program to maintain good client relations involving staff on site
- Initiate and attend supplementary and regular meeting with client for problem resolution and planning
- Oversee and approve the monthly job cost updates and quarterly cash flow projections
- Review, approve and negotiate change orders
- Develop and implement a plan for project completion and turnover
- Maintain daily diary for record keeping purposes
- Ensure that all performance evaluations and completed in a timely fashion for direct reports
- Recommend, where appropriate, organizational, policy and procedural or staff changes
- Review and approve or reject promotions up to General Foremen.
- 5+ years' construction experience (preferably working on infrastructure projects such as roads, bridges, dams, water/wastewater treatment plants etc.)
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand various processes regarding Kiewit’s policies, procedures and software programs.
- Ability to identify and resolve any problems that may arise.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong experience in Leadership, safety, negotiations, planning, and contract administration.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.