About the Position
Specialty Systems, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Software Engineer with the below described skill set and experience to join our team of technical professionals supporting our Department of Defense customer at the Joint Base MDL. In this position, you will have a high profile role within the software team developing a state of the art software application that will utilize high resolution cameras and the latest in computer vision software. As a member of our team you will be able to experience the professional satisfaction of playing a key role in ensuring that our Department of Defense customers’ systems that have a direct impact on our country’s war-fighting and peace-keeping capabilities are performing at optimal levels. This position is located at our customer site location at Joint Base MDL. In this position, you will work our customer’s Compressed Work Schedule which consists of working four 9 hour days (M-Th) and an 8 hour day (F) for the first week of a cycle followed by four 9 hour days (M-Th) and being off on the second Friday for the second week of a cycle. This results in a 3 day weekend every other week!
Job responsibilities will include:
- Developing 4k panoramic display software applications.
- Conduct and participate in software trade studies.
- Configure and test video management systems.
- Performing unit testing of developed code.
- Optimizing the developed software to meet performance requirements.
About the Organization
Specialty Systems, Inc. is an Information Technology and Engineering Services provider serving customers across the Federal Government, NJ State and Local Governments, and private industry markets. Founded in 1978, our mission is to understand our customers' business problems and leverage emerging technologies to provide solutions that deliver radical and dramatic improvements in operational efficiencies and productivity. We facilitate a stimulating and creative work environment by engaging in ambitious and challenging projects while at the same time recognizing the need to have some fun via our monthly Thirsty Thursday gatherings, season tickets for the Phillies Class A Lakewood Blue Claws baseball games, annual company picnic and Softball Challenge, and our business casual dress policy.
Position Qualification Requirements:
Education, Clearance and Years of Experience:
- A BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related STEM field is preferred. Exceptional directly related work experience may be considered for substitution of the degree requirement for highly qualified candidates.
- 5 or more years of experience developing in C++.
- A Department of Defense (or equivalent) Secret level (or greater) clearance is required. For highly qualified individuals, there may be an accomodation made to allow the individual to obtain their interim Secret level clearance prior to stating work.
- Stong skills in C++ is required.
- Experience in Qt, Git, and parallel programming is desired.
- Experience with OpenCV (computer vision) and GPU programming using CUDA is desired.
Security Clearance Notice:
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
This is a full time, salaried position with our complete benefits package which includes paid vacation, holiday, sick/business leave, medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and 401k retirement plan with a competitive corporate matching program.
Interested candidates should apply at: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2895550
This position has a salary range of between $100,000 and $135,000, based on the candidate's match to the skill and experience levels required.
Occasional travel may be required. Trips are generally 3 to 5 days in length.
Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program Notice: EEO/AA Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veteran status/all protected classes/VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Qualified, disabled applicants may request reasonable accommodation for any stage of the application/interview process. Please contact: 732-814-8138.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $135,000.00 /year
Security Clearance Required:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply