About Easton Design
Easton Design is a local Iowa City/Cedar Rapids digital marketing firm established in 2000. Our websites focus on beautiful designs and strong technical base for user experience (UX). We pride ourselves on long term relationships with our staff and care about a supportive and creative work culture. We want to build lasting client partnerships and have had some clients in excess of 15 years. We have been voted Best Web Design company on Locals Love Us 2018-2020 in Iowa City (the only three years voting was held for that category).
More About the Job
We are looking for help with some of our less complex WordPress projects. Most of our current designers have a strong graphic design background but also good technical understanding. No custom coding of themes or plug-ins are required, but adjustment of a base theme with CSS is desirable. If you are a designer early in their career who cares about design and quality, we'd like to hear from you. We prefer having someone who can work in the office at least part of the time to help grow as part of the team.
We are looking for a talented Web Designer to create amazing websites and user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful web design. They should have superior user interface design skills. The successful candidate will be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts. They will be able to transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional designs.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualize original website design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Proven work experience as a web designer with WordPress
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or a Visual Arts subject
Compensation in the $15-25 per hour range based on experience. Please include links to examples of work (URLs). A brief explanation of your involvement in each project is helpful. LOCAL IOWA APPLICANTS ONLY.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $25.00 /hour
- web development/WordPress: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Iowa City, IA (Preferred)