W&W Afco Steel is hiring a Coordinate Measuring Machine ( CMM) Operator and Programmer
Coordinate measuring machine (CMM) programmers create inspection programs for coordinate measuring machines, devices that measure objects' physical characteristics such as dimensions and other geometrical qualities. The machine is used during the manufacturing and assembly process, specifically during the production process. The CMM programmer’s responsibility is to ensure the machine is properly working through programming scripts and tests. A high school diploma or equivalent is the minimum educational requirement for this position. Computer programming skills are not a requisite for the job; rather, testing and calibration of the machine is completed with already built software solutions. A working knowledge and background in Polyworks Software, Tekla, SDS/2 or AutoCAD is preferred. A working knowledge of statistics and data analysis are useful in this position, as this job requires the programmer to analyze testing data to ensure the machine is functioning properly. CMM programmers' work is completed in an office/shop setting.
Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Operator and Programmer Tasks
· Determine program requirements based on design and engineering requirements.
· Ensure that precision machinery is in working condition and properly calibrated.
· Operate precision machinery as needed.
· Write or edit programs for precision machinery.
· Generate reports on all inspected pieces daily.
· Coordinate with department managers.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Required)
- CMM Operator: 1 year (Preferred)