Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Reports to: Director of Engineering
The Electrical or Electronics Engineer is a flexible position within Grote Industries that applies scientific and mathematical principles to practical ends such as the design, manufacture, and operation of efficient and economical structures, machines, processes, and systems. The position develops and applies new technologies for use in Grote Industries safety systems or the manufacture of those systems for trucks, trailers, commercial vehicles, agricultural and off-highway equipment, buses and emergency vehicles. This position may report to various managers or departments within the company as projects are assigned.
Essential & Secondary Functions:
· Responsible to follow all safety procedures and practices.
· Ensures and maintains the quality guidelines, procedures, and standards are consistently followed throughout the manufacturing operation.
Responsibility & Customer-Focused:
· Use basic science and mathematics methodology or extensive experience to develop new design rules, develop new procedures, utilize specialized design techniques, develop new processes and evaluate deviations from procedures using information from experimentation, published research, customer specifications, government requirements, due care, warranty, corporate needs, training and market input.
· An interface with suppliers to define Grote’s technological and component needs.
· Provides product development information and status to NPI Proprietary Core Team.
· Analyzes and verifies production process deviation requests.
· Develops data and root cause verification in support of warranty improvement issues.
· Mentor and motivate other employees through higher productivity of work.
· Leadership through respect within teams
· Ability to lead training for new processes and design rules
· The ability to be a knowledge broker, i.e. learn new skills and teach them to others.
· Self-Motivated cost reduction through
· Technical analysis (leading to less testing and therefore more savings)
· Recognizing and catching design problems.
· Learning new concepts and folding them into systems by making them standard.
· New, more efficient procedures by utilizing one’s skill and education to develop procedures and design rules; optimized and structured for others.
· Flexibility and ability to work in many different areas, such as
· Project Management
· Basic Research
· Customer Presentations
· Ability to complete the tasks of a Product Engineer
· Supervises generation of mock-ups and prototypes.
· Analyze and summarize situations for presentations, write internal technical reports, develop procedures, develop design rules, publish internal publications.
· Required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as requested by supervisor.
· Safety Awareness
· Quality Driven
· Customer Driven
· Family Oriented
· Responsible Corporate Citizen
· Team Player
· Positive Attitude
· Detail Oriented
· Effective Communication (written and verbal)
· Results Oriented
· Process Improvement
· Cooperation with Others
Education, Experience, Training, Certifications and Licenses:
Degree or equivalent experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering.
Years of experience:
· Minimum 1 to 3 years of related experience.
· Must successfully pass any pre-screening test(s).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· A recognized and proven knowledge of engineering applications within Electrical Engineering, such as circuit analysis, circuit modeling, circuit board layout, linear circuits, and other analog circuit skills.
· An understanding of hand tools, Electrical test equipment, Measuring equipment, automation concepts and automated test equipment.
· Attention to detail
· Excellent written and oral communication
Demonstrated ability to:
· Ability to construct microelectronic assemblies that include placement of small parts and soldering of components
· Ability to research technical subjects, summarize it, and teach it to others within the company
· Ability to interact with all levels of employees
· Work at a highly motivated level with a sense of urgency and dedication to accomplishing tasks
· Ability to type on computer keyboard for extended periods of time
· Adapt to frequent changes in work environment & prioritization
· Work with general or minimal supervision
· Leverage existing and potential training
· Conflict resolution
· In-depth problem identification, analysis and resolution
· Prioritizing and executing multiple projects
· Self-motivated continual learner (Self-Taught courses, interest in master’s programs, etc.)
· Must be proficient in use of a personal computer, laptops, tablets, smartphone, printer, calculator, copier, and fax machine.
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications and data entry.
· Extensive Excel experience and MS Project is a plus
· Manufacturing and/or professional environment.
· Environment can be hot or cold depending on outside temperatures.
· Requires flexibility to schedule and work hours.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
· Climbing Stairs: Ascending or descending stairs to gain access to a building or to move from one floor to another.
· Light Carrying: Physically transporting general office items/materials from one location to another.
· Fingering: Typing for extending periods of time, or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm.
· Sitting: Particularly for sustained periods of time
· Visual Requirement: Able to see and read PC screens; detect color coding, read fine print, and/or normal type size print.
· Bending and Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
· Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information
· Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
· Ability to compose letters, outlines, memoranda, and basic reports and/or to orally communicate technical information.
· Ability to communicate with individuals utilizing a telephone; requires ability to hear and speak effectively on phone.
· Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, communicating orally with others accurately.
Grote Industries will provide reasonable accommodations, if needed, to qualified individuals with disabilities to assist employees in performing the essential functions of their jobs, unless such an accommodation would create an undue hardship on Grote Industries. Grote Industries is committed to developing, maintaining and supporting a culture of equality and diversity in employment in which staff are treated equitably, and where they can realize their potential whatever their age, race, color, nationality, ethnic origin, creed, disability, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, parental status, religion, belief or non-belief, social or economic class, employment status, or any other criteria that cannot be shown to be properly justifiable.
Equality of opportunity and inclusivity is fundamental to the vision and values of Grote Industries. The principles of equality and diversity are at the heart of the Grote culture and are supported by appropriate policies, procedures and good faith practice.
Job Type: Full-time
- Electrical Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused