NOTE - IF YOU INTEND ON APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION, KINDLY ENSURE YOU READ ENTIRE AD (AND NEXT STEPS INSTRUCTIONS) CAREFULLY.
FULL STACK DEVELOPER – Winnipeg, MB
Are you a strong software professional looking for a great place to work?
Do you want to be part of a team where you can use your enthusiasm and passion for technology in an uncharted way?
Do you want to work with an established and progressive hi-tech company?
Then think about us for this outstanding opportunity!
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU?
· Importance of culture: abnormally highly engaged workforce
· Strong total compensation plan
· Variety of clients, variety of work: no 2 days ever the same
· Work with great people who love their craft, take their work seriously, but not themselves!
· Work with great clients – and we get to see how our video platform and services improves their ability to move the needle on their businesses
· We get to bring their stories to life and see / measure the positive impact it has…….and, clients love us for it!
· Great office – central, no elevator, parking, own entrance, Covid friendly
· We are growing: and growth creates new opportunities for everyone
The online video publishing and distribution marketplace is growing exponentially and so is our team!
WorkerBee.TV, Inc. provides turnkey video solutions to regional, national and global associations and corporations in a range of industries that want to use video and multimedia strategically to inform, educate and inspire their audiences
WorkerBee.TV operates in a client intimate - custom manufacturing organization where we plan, create and deliver video and programming across our clients who use our platform to maximize engagement and revenues. From a social media video to a Docuseries.
WorkerBee.TV has been growing in double digits for many years because we have happy clients who are growing their use of modern media. However, COVID-19 has accelerated the need for associations and corporations to lean more on impactful digital communication for their virtual, hybrid and on-demand communications and education across all stakeholders in their supply chains. This is requiring us to grow at even faster rates, while keeping our quality standards and client service reputation intact. This will be our first dedicated position to elevating what was a shared responsibility.
We are centrally located on Stradbrook – behind the Winter Club and across from the Harkness RT Station.
For more information on Association TV® please visit us at www.association.tv and see how we are impacting clients globally.
You are a dynamic professional looking for a long-term leadership position.
If you are looking to break away from the “status quo” by joining an organization – where you will have the ability to put your stamp on things - maybe this is the place for you!
- Degree/Certificate/Diploma or equivalent experience in Software/Application Development, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of web development and maintenance experience in corporate production environments
- 5 years of experience coding with HTML5, CSS3, jQuery
- 5 years of experience coding with PHP/MySQL
- 5 years of experience working with WordPress
- Experience with AWS (EC2,RDS,S3,Cloudfront,SES)
- Expertise in building and testing responsive sites
- Experience with LAMP stack and open source software in general
- Solid understanding of cross-browser compatibility
- Must value writing maintainable code and documentation
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills and love technical challenges
- Must be self-motivated, and able to multitask
- Must be able to take initiative to be productive and efficient
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and able to juggle multiple projects with varying timelines and requirements
- Fast learner & interested in new technologies
- Able to work efficiently and meet/exceed deadlines under pressure
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player as well as an independent worker
- Willingness to learn domain knowledge when required
- Experience with managing WHM and cPanel
- Experience with creating and consuming RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of development and optimization tools
- Strong knowledge of Twitter Bootstrap/responsive design environments
- Experience with Woocommerce integration
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, SEO, and tracking codes
- Ability to write concise and clear technical documentation and reports
- Work in agile, rapid development, and prototyping environment
- Work with the development team and designers to develop and build a software application that is easy to maintain, upgrade and improve for clients
- Design, develop, test, maintain and optimize secure and scalable multi-tier web applications with high volumes of traffic and high availability
TYPE OF PERSON WHO WILL SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
- Ability to challenge the status quo - Can encourage break-through thinking
- Results oriented problem solver with a strong analytical mind set
- Detail Oriented – Can see the smallest details, but also the big picture
- Sense of Urgency – Can work quickly and independently
- Tolerance for Ambiguity ………. In fact, you LOVE IT!
The successful candidate will form a key role in the organization, and will help to steer its future achievements
We offer opportunities to learn new things and expand your skill-set, along with a competitive salary (and benefits)!
If you think this position may have potential for you, then give us a, uh….. BUZZ!
Send us your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please (briefly) outline the following 3 items:
1) Relevant qualifications and work experience
2) A few words on why you feel you are a good match for this role
3) Your availability to start – and your expected remuneration (and don’t say negotiable – we know that – give us a fair range of what you are looking for)
* If you do not provide a cover letter - your resume will likely NOT be read
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in us and we believe strongly in diversity.
By applying you confirm that you are eligible to work in Canada and can pass a background check.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $1.00 per year
- coding with PHP/MySQL: 5 years (Required)
- AWS (EC2,RDS,S3,Cloudfront,SES): 5 years (Required)
- managing WHM and cPanel: 3 years (Preferred)
- Woocommerce integration: 3 years (Preferred)
- working with WordPress: 5 years (Required)
- coding with HTML5, CSS3, jQuery: 5 years (Preferred)
- * Experience with LAMP stack and open source software : 5 years (Required)
- Twitter Bootstrap/responsive design environments: 3 years (Preferred)
- creating and consuming RESTful APIs: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)