NETA IV Senior Electrical Test Technician
Come join the largest independent electrical testing company in North America. We are seeking an experienced Senior Electrical Test Technician PE (Professional Engineer) or NETA LEVEL IV to work out of our Omaha, NE Service Center serving data centers and other industrial customers. Shermco Industries is accredited by NETA and has one of the largest field services divisions in the industry.
Why Work for Shermco?
- Strong benefits package and highly competitive compensation plan plus lucrative overtime plan.
- A growth oriented environment that is upbeat, good morale and team oriented.
- Industry-leading electrical and safety training.
Job Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Inspect, test, troubleshoot, perform start-up and collect data of low, medium and high voltage (to 500kV) electrical systems, and moderately complex relay calibration and power metering, including:
- Power transformer testing (Doble, TTR, Insulation Resistance)
- Testing both electro-mechanical and solid state relays
- Cable testing (Tan Delta, Power Factor, VLF, DC Hipot)
- Automatic transfer switch troubleshooting
- Low, Medium and High voltage switchgear and circuit breaker testing
- Perform maintenance and repair work on substation equipment.
- Repair, replace and clean equipment and components including circuit breakers, brushes and commutators.
- Analyze test data to diagnose malfunctions, to determine performance characteristics of systems, and to evaluate effects of systems notifications.
Minimum Qualifications: to qualify for consideration, you must meet each of the following minimum qualifications and requirements.
- Must be PE or NETA Level IV
- High school diploma or GED required; prefer an Associate’s degree from an accredited 2 year technical college in Electrical Power, or similar experience and training from the military (Army Prime Power, Air Force Electrical Power Production, or NAVY Seabee)
- Must have at least 5 or more years of experience working in the Data Center Electrical Maintenance / similar field is preferred.
- Must have at least 5 or more years of relevant power systems testing & maintenance experience
- Must have general PC skills including email, internet, data entry and Microsoft Excel; experience with PowerDB a plus.
- Must be able to work safely and adhere to all electrical safety procedures.
- Prefer OSHA 30 hour, MSHA, NFPA 70-E, CPR/First Aid/BBP/AED training; training on each can be provided by Shermco.
- Must be Drug-Free, and be subject to unannounced random drug tests.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Must be able to crawl, climb, stand and lift up to 75 lbs., with or without reasonable accommodations. Must be able to pass a fit for duty physical exam.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and currently have and be able to maintain a good driving record.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and overtime, and occasional weekends, holidays and nights.
- Must not currently or in the future require sponsorship to work in the United States (NO SPONSORSHIP).
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER | DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
No Agencies Please
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $350.00 /month
- Data Center: 5 years (Required)
- Low, Medium and High voltage switchgear and circuit breaker: 5 years (Required)
- relevant power systems testing/maintenance: 5 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Relocation assistance