Be part of something meaningful.
At Maven we are creating a new standard in water treatment by empowering people and applying technology. We aren’t a typical consulting firm, for example, we’ve tossed billable hours aside to focus on the delivery of value. We are building a new facility in Saskatoon with laboratories and state of the art pilot-scale testing capabilities for water treatment with a focus on biogeochemical and semi-passive technologies for the mining and oilsands sectors.
What you’ll be doing:
Who we’re looking for:
- Contribute to internal technology development programs including testing of mobile pilot-scale technology for treatment wetlands and semi-passive bioreactors;
- Improve and scale processes and operations;
- Perform data entry and quality control;
- Assist with calculations for biological and semi-passive water treatment systems;
- Develop protocols and procedures for safe use of new equipment;
- Proof-read and review descriptions of scientific and engineering processes geared for all types of readers;
- Be involved in water treatment projects from initial site studies to pilot- and demonstration-scale through to implementation at full-scale;
- Assist team with closure and reclamation plans, reclamation research plans, and other regulatory submissions for clients;
- Learning as much and as fast as you can, from as many sources as possible, and growing in your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- You are intellectually curious and enjoy multidisciplinary problem-solving in a team-oriented setting;
- You are a structured and logical thinker, capable of taking a system or process and breaking it down into its parts;
- You are highly analytical, have strong attention to detail and ability to tackle complex problems;
- You have entrepreneurial DNA - you're excited to build a business from the ground up, comfortable making decisions in the face of ambiguity, and aren't discouraged by the inevitable challenges that will arise along the way;
- You take ownership of your work and outcomes;
- You're an effective communicator with strong organizational skills;
- You’re passionate about building world-class products with a world-class team;
- You are willing to relocate to Saskatoon for a minimum of two years to work with the pilot-scale systems and facilities and build the team environment;
- You embrace using our core concepts of Always Evolving, Be the Catalyst, and Celebrate Uniqueness to create value.
What will help you succeed.
- 0-2 years experience associated with water management and/or treatment or mining;
- University Degree in Engineering or Sciences related to water management and treatment;
- Exposure to experimental design, water treatment systems, data interpretation, and associated technical reporting;
- Experience with advanced spreadsheets and other data analysis and visualization methods;
- Eagerness to learn and expand your knowledge and skillsets;
- Ninja skills… in a start-up, we all wear many hats and are flexible in our day to day roles. Contribute to the team’s success through your additional passions, such as graphic design, app programming, social media engagement, party planning, non-technical writing, and communication… we could go on, but you’re a fast learner, so you get the idea. Put your ideas in your application!
What it’s like to work with us.
At Maven, we are redeveloping the water treatment and consulting sectors (learn more here). You will have the opportunity to work with and contribute to the development of industry-leading technologies in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment. It will be challenging work but at the same time much more exciting and fulfilling than a regular 9-5 job. Plus, you have the opportunity to be an owner and directly benefit from your efforts and contributions. Our leadership includes experienced founders with a passion for disrupting the status quo. Why not be part of building a major Canadian water treatment tech company while gaining real hands-on experience that matters?
This posting has 3 positions to be filled with start dates from February through April 2020, please indicate your desired start date in your application.