JOB TITLE: Electrical Engineer
Order #: 35919543ELPWSCT
This position designs and initiates complex layouts for electrical and controls projects, develops scopes of work and writes specifications for proposals. This position requires capability of providing effective project management for medium sized projects for the electrical and controls discipline from project inception through construction and installation. On assigned projects, the Engineer shall organize the design, follow the specifications, coordinate procurement and achieve the company's objectives regarding capacity, operability, economics and timelines. The Engineer will be the lead in the selection of approved contractors, and will be part of the decision about which systems are best suited for a specific application and how they are to be installed. This position reports to the Engineering/Maintenance manager.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations by working with safety coordinator
- Familiarity with NFPA70E
- Provide engineering design for new electrical and controls projects.
- Coordinate project design work including planning, design calculations, implementation, final walk throughs.
- Provide and coordinate training for technicians and operations on newly installed electrical and controls projects.
- This position will interact with other engineering disciplines and maintain current project knowledge of project cost and assume responsibility for project cost management. The engineer will consult with accounting personnel relative to project accounting procedures and project costs. This person will also interact and coordinate project activities with all levels of Operations and Engineering management.
- Education: B.S. in Engineering or related field or equivalent engineering experience in the electrical field of automation controls and/or power distribution
- Experience: 5+ year's applicable engineering experience within the food industry preferred. The ideal candidate will have experience with Power Distribution / automation controls design and installation with an understanding of Arc Flash Hazard Analysis, Coordination Studies, Single line Diagrams and control circuitry.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge and use of computer programs, spreadsheets, database and scheduling programs. Microsoft Projects exposure preferred.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Special Requirements: Capable of working on multi-faceted medium sized projects while requiring limited supervision; demonstrated ability to complete projects on time and on budget while achieving company objectives; knowledge of a variety of the Electrical Engineering and Process Engineering disciplines concepts, practices, and procedures; working knowledge of applicable codes that pertain to development of Electrical Engineering standards.
Submit Resume for immediate consideration.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $79,000.00 /year
- Industrial Engineering: 4 years (Preferred)