- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Currently enrolled in Associate’s Degree in a STEM related field such as IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or relevant
- Interest in video games industry and video games related internship
By applying to this position, your application will be considered for locations we hire for in the United States including, but
not limited to:
Seattle, WA; Austin, TX; Bay Area, CA; Bellevue, WA; Boston, MA; Denver, CO; Detroit, MI; Herndon, VA; Irvine,
CA; New York, NY; Madison, WI; Minneapolis, MN; Phoenix, AZ; Portland, OR; San Diego, CA.
Amazon is all in on games. We believe, the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join Amazon Game Tech.
We are an Amazon Web Services team obsessed with helping game developers revolutionize the way they build and run their games, helping them bring their ideas to market faster and at a lower cost. We aim to address game development challenges for customers at any scale. Our solutions are used by Indie developers working on mobile games, as well as some of the largest studios building triple-A titles for consoles and PCs.
We are looking for future Amazon interns to join us for summer 2020. Amazon interns have the opportunity to work alongside the industry’s brightest engineers who innovate everyday on behalf of our customers. Our interns write real software and partner with a select group of experienced software development engineers, who both help and challenge them as they work on projects that matter to our customers.
As an intern, you will be matched to a manager and a mentor. You will be given the opportunity to have direct impact on the evolution of Amazon's technologies as well as lead mission critical projects early in your career. Your design, code, and raw smarts will contribute to solving some of the most complex technical challenges in the areas of distributed systems, data mining, automation, optimization, scalability, and security - just to name a few.[KL1]
In addition to an impactful project, you will have the opportunity to engage with Amazonians in both personal and professional development, expand your network, and take part in fun activities throughout the summer. No matter the location of your internship, we give you the tools to own your summer and learn in a real world setting. Many of our technologies overlap—you would be hard pressed to find a team that is not using Amazon Web Services (AWS), touching the catalogue, or iterating services to better personalize for customers.
If this excites you, come build the future with us.
Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 consecutive weeks with start dates between May and September 2020. Applicants should have at a minimum one quarter/semester remaining after their internship concludes.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to develop, design, and bring to market innovative devices and services
- Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry
- Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to cutting-edge technologies at incredible scale and speed
- Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use
- Enrolled in, or received a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience in one or more object-orientated programming languages (Java, C, C++, etc.)
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined challenges through strong problem solving skills and effective communication
- Experience in games industry
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.