Utilize education and experience to design, develop, and maximize efficiencies within production processes. Develop and execute plans to reduce manufacturing and product cost through standard work, equipment utilization and layout, tooling and fixtures, workflow, and workforce utilization. Develop and assist in the investigation and implementation of new products and processes relevant to efficiency and profitability gains. Provide technical support for all shop floor processes, maintenance, tool room, and vendor activities with respect to maintenance, lean manufacturing, and quality assurance.
1. Ability to work with a cross-functional team and manage new product development projects from engineering handoff through production launch.
2. Develop new process improvements and use technology to increase efficiency in existing manufacturing processes.
3. Implement and support lean manufacturing systems and work closely with other functions toward ongoing labor & material productivity, quality, and design cost improvements.
4. Generate cost estimates and implementation schedules to meet or exceed both program costs and timing objectives.
5. Research and evaluate current processes to identify problem areas and propose possible solutions.
6. Identify manufacturing problems, troubleshoot and resolve issues.
7. Establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with all team members.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- BS Degree in Engineering required. BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Controls, Industrial / Process or QC Engineering preferred.
- Background in Lean Manufacturing principals required. 2 years demonstrated experience applying these principals in a manufacturing environment a plus.
- Must have PC skills and knowledge; Solid Modeling (PTC Creo preferred), 2D CAD, Pro-E, CAD/CAM and/or Mastercam, and Microsoft Office Suite experience a preferred.
- Experience in factory automation, cold forming and metal fabrication, stamping, heat treatment, powder coating, die casting, welding processes, machining, and/or assembly a plus.
- Intermediate to strong data analysis and problem-solving skills required; familiarity with business intelligence systems such as Power BI, Cognos, or Oracle Business Intelligence a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, results-oriented, continuous improvement environment, required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, from the shop floor to engineering, required.
- Experience and / or training in advanced manufacturing (e.g. additive manufacturing) a plus.
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com.
With facilities in the U.S., Canada and abroad, Hennessy Industries is one of the world’s foremost manufacturers of aftermarket wheel-service equipment. Hennessy designs, builds and markets equipment, accessories and consumables under three renowned brand names: AMMCO®, COATS® and BADA®.
For more than 50 years, BADA® has provided one of the most comprehensive selections of wheel weights in the world, and it is now leading the transition from lead weights to the most environmentally friendly alternative – steel.
Hennessy constantly solicits feedback from customers to understand their unique needs and challenges. This open dialogue allows us to continually refine our existing products as well as develop new tools and equipment to meet the demands of a changing marketplace.
"The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as a Fortive Company. Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1-866-272-5573 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation."