EIRMED, LLC, a rapidly growing, state of the art injection molding and medical manufacturing company serving the Medical Device, Biotechnology, Military, and Pharmaceutical industries is currently accepting applications for a Project Engineer at its Menomonie, Wisconsin facility.
This position is responsible for the leadership and management of personnel and resources to ensure adherence and compliance to Quality Management System (QMS) processes and policies.
Coordinate implementation of customer specified products and processes through knowledge and experience in the injection molding industry while striving to achieve the highest probability of success in both customer satisfaction and protecting EirMed interests of sound manufacturing and process design for high efficiency and minimal scrap.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary Program/Project management with support from other EirMed departments
- Review customer provided documentation in preparation for quoting
- Review customer provided documentation and provide input on design for manufacturing regarding the injection molding, secondary operations, assembly and packaging process
- Specify mold designs to mold shops for quoting
- Present project quotes and estimates to customer or EirMed sales representatives
- Recommend design improvements/changes to customer for reduced cycle time, scrap and sound mold designs
- Continuous improvement activities for existing programs to improve efficiencies and scrap
- Fixture design for metrology, assembly and secondary operations
- Robot End Of Arm Tooling design and downstream integration
- Provide customer support for new and existing programs
- Provide support and process guidance to the manufacturing department
- Provide direction and support to quality department and First Article Inspector for validation activities and Manufacturing Engineer for secondary operations
- Coordinate and track new mold/fixture build, revisions and repair activities
- Lead review of new mold designs with the appointed EirMed personal for approval to build
- Perform contract review on portion of customer PO’s for tooling, fixtures and other capital
- Coordinate outsourcing activities as required
- Maintains appropriate communication within area of responsibility.
- Occasional travel will be required to support customer projects
Required Competencies, Skills and Experience
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail, with the goal of clear communication & understanding throughout the organization.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics. Accounts for multiple & rapidly changing priorities.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
Education, Training, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Four year Bachelor of Science degree in Plastic Engineering or related field or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the injection mold construction or injection molding field
- Experienced in 3D Software (preferably SolidWorks), Microsoft Project, MS Office, print reading
- Experience in sound injection mold design principles
- IQMS, MiniTab, Solidworks Moldflow and GD&T experience a plus
- Program management experience
- Experience in the injection molding field preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
This position will require you to submit to and pass a drug test and/or background check. EirMed, LLC will comply with all applicable federal and state laws governing the use of such background checks and drug tests.
We offer stability, competitive salary and benefits, and the opportunity for career growth to the right individual.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Injection Molding: 5 years (Preferred)
- Program Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- SolidWorks: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location