WE’VE BEEN ADVANCING NETWORK PERFORMANCE FOR 35+ YEARSFOCUSED ON INNOVATION AT THE
EDGE OF COMMUNICATION NETWORKS
Westell Technologies, Inc., headquartered in Aurora, Illinois, is a leading provider of high-performance network infrastructure solutions focused on innovation and differentiation at the edge of communication networks where end users connect. We enable service providers and network operators to improve performance and reduce operating expenses via a comprehensive set of products and solutions. With millions of products successfully deployed worldwide, we are a trusted partner for transforming networks into high-quality, reliable systems.
Responsible for working within a team environment to design, document, and develop user interface applications for cloud platforms. This includes front end user interface design as well as backend service implementation. Must be interested in using cutting edge technologies and industry leading services to provide highly engaging and intuitive user experiences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work creatively in a team environment.
- Independently design, code, and test software applications with high reliability and high performance.
- Translate business and marketing requirements into rapid prototypes and then into production-quality systems.
- Research, recommend, and build with modern cloud and web-based technologies.
- Document and collaborate effectively.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- BSEE or BSCS, or equivalent
- 4+ years development experience in user interface design and implementation
- Comfort with Java development, Node and Python experience a plus
- Basic understanding of database technologies
- Linux experience preferable
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to sit, stand, bend and walk regularly; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Visual and auditory ability sufficient for written and verbal communication.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location