Come work on mechanical design of electronic sensor products for the solar energy industry.
About the company:
- Atonometrics develops electronic sensor products used in the rapidly growing solar energy industry. Established in 2007, we are a small company with an excellent working environment, a focus on innovation, and a worldwide customer base.
- We are seeking an entry-level or early-career Mechanical Engineer to join our development team.
What will you do?
- Work in a cross-functional team to define product requirements and develop solutions
- Design mechanical enclosures and assemblies for our electronic sensor products
- Develop detailed designs of parts, cables, and assemblies in CAD including SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Create 2D drawings appropriate for production
- Document designs, bills of materials, and work instructions for manufacturing
- Design and develop assembly and test fixtures for manufacturing, calibration, and test of our products prior to shipment
- Provide production support to help identify and resolve issues
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Proficiency with mechanical design and an interest in working on design of electronic products for industrial applications
- 0-5 years of related experience. Recent or upcoming graduates are invited to apply.
- Results-driven person with problem-solving skills, strong technical background, attention to detail, good communication, ability to learn quickly, and ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency with SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Bonus: experience with any of PCB design, mechanical enclosures, ingress protection, NEMA or IP rated products, sheet metal, machining processes, paint or powder coating or other finishing processes, 3D printing and other rapid prototyping technologies, metal casting, potting, cabling, coding in Python or C# or other programming languages, software development
- This is a full-time position.
- Work must be done on-site during business hours.
- Candidates must be currently residing in the Austin, Texas area.
- We cannot consider any candidates requiring work authorization on a student visa, including Curriculum Practical Training (CPT), Optional Practical Training (OPT), or academic training.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you currently live in the Austin, Texas area? (We are only considering local candidates.)
- Are you authorized to work in the US? (We cannot consider any candidates requiring work authorization on a student visa, including Curriculum Practical Training (CPT), Optional Practical Training (OPT), or academic training.)
- Instead of submitting a cover letter, please explain briefly, with specific details, why this particular position interests you and why you believe you would be a good fit. Thanks!
Work Location: One location